Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from the crappy ebay lights

to the flat black painted lights

couple more pics i just snapped real quick... it came a flood yesterday so shes not too clean

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
looks super hot. i like the tinted interior lights with the tinted inners. what did you use for the red reflectors? hows the light output? +reppage

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys

looks super hot. i like the tinted interior lights with the tinted inners. what did you use for the red reflectors? hows the light output? +reppage
I had the stocks tinted with some tint from stickercity like this so i just put it on the reflector. Lights up pretty well actually.

looks great. What are you dropped on? Tire specs? Any rubbing?
Dropped on Tein Stech springs and kyb struts and shocks ,im running 225/35/19 up front and 265/30/19 out back... the back rubbed a little with weight in the back but the fenders are shaved

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
Chris, I commend you on your choice of wheels! ;)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
got ya. at first glance i thought they were pulled apart, painted, and maybe smoked with a spray? phillz style. looks good though!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got ya. at first glance i thought they were pulled apart, painted, and maybe smoked with a spray? phillz style. looks good though!
i was gonna do that but... i had that laying around so just went that route instead.

now i just gotta get the wheels powder coated

·
Registered
12 Posts
First time posting

Hey guys this is my first time posting on this site after browsing for days. Just a quick question about the taillights you have. Why did you say they were crappy?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys this is my first time posting on this site after browsing for days. Just a quick question about the taillights you have. Why did you say they were crappy?
they werent crappy just wasnt that happy with them

·
Registered
295 Posts
thanks guys

I had the stocks tinted with some tint from stickercity like this so i just put it on the reflector. Lights up pretty well actually.

Dropped on Tein Stech springs and kyb struts and shocks ,im running 225/35/19 up front and 265/30/19 out back... the back rubbed a little with weight in the back but the fenders are shaved
I assume you are mean that you rubbed a little with weight but you corrected it by shaving the fenders??

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Powdercoating? Going solid black???:jawDrop:
yep... you cant tell from the pics but the lip is screwed up from a cleaner that was used on them.

and yes i shaved the fenders

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
so im confused again. sorry. but it says you finally painted your tails right? but it looks like you just did a tint overlay! so both lights are tinted or your trunks are tinted and the tails are broken apart, painted, and the reflectors smoked somehow?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so im confused again. sorry. but it says you finally painted your tails right? but it looks like you just did a tint overlay! so both lights are tinted or your trunks are tinted and the tails are broken apart, painted, and the reflectors smoked somehow?
sorry about the confusion!
i had a tint overlay at one point and time... got a set of the ebay lights and used those until i got my stocks painted.... so when i went to paint my tails i took the apart painted them and put the tint overlay on the reflector.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts