Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer in seattle, and said that my part is arrived. But one of the tech said that if I get new Ecu it will fix the hesitation but shift much harder. Also he said I never can go back to original. Should I upgrade or not? Did everybody satified with their new ECU uppgrade? I don't want to uppgrade if it will shift really hard. I have an appointment on Tues so i got some time to think. Please feed back please!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I live in Seattle area too, just got my new IS300
did u just call them up and have them upgrade? is it free?? plz let me know! thank u!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I waited 6 month til I get to hear from them. First I went there and gave them my information and they put me on the waiting list. They are really backed up. I think you might have to wait another 5 month of more. nobody knows. Yes it is free. Covers under warranty. but long as you don't have any problem with driving its ok. Y don't u search more under Ecu.

·
11,062 Posts
I got the upgrade at Lexus of Tacoma on June 16th. MUCH BETTER. The hesitation when accelerating out of a turn is GONE. It's also a bit better at very low speeds, such as cruising around a parking lot...less jerky. I was instructed by the service manager to leave the car in Power Mode from now on... I've tried it both ways. It is a little better in Power Mode, but not so much that I want to leave it there permanently for regular driving. All in all, I'm glad I had the upgrade installed.

·
Registered
226 Posts
They told me the same exact thing. Don't listen to them about making your car harsher or whatever. It makes your car better, not worse.

Oh yeah, take a bunch of those free cokes in the waiting area (it's in those cool mini-bottles).

Originally posted by ND4SPD:
I went to the dealer in seattle, and said that my part is arrived. But one of the tech said that if I get new Ecu it will fix the hesitation but shift much harder. Also he said I never can go back to original. Should I upgrade or not? Did everybody satified with their new ECU uppgrade? I don't want to uppgrade if it will shift really hard. I have an appointment on Tues so i got some time to think. Please feed back please!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Interesting. I got mine done at Lexus of Westminster in Orange County Southern California and they did not warn me about the hard shifting and that it can't go back. Although the service advisor at Lexus of Santa Monica told me that the ECU reporgraming is one shoot deal, just like you said. Anyway, my IS shifts smoothly after the reprogramming and the hesitation is gone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
thanks for all the info, I called Lexus of Tacoma and put my name on the waiting list....god knows how long it will be until the parts come in~ hee

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by Is300billy:
thanks for all the info, I called Lexus of Tacoma and put my name on the waiting list....god knows how long it will be until the parts come in~ hee
Took them 3-4 weeks to get mine in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
SeattleSheila
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing