Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after saving my money forever and waiting for shipments to come in, I finally recieved my turbo kit from SRT.(Thanks Mo, appreciate all the hard work) I opted for the SRT 2.75 kit after reading countless reviews. I also went ahead and upgraded a few other parts with the kit.(Added 3 In. Exhaust, Upgraded to PT6265 Billet Turbo and the Tial Wastegate and BOV.)

Here are a few teaser pictures, will keep you guys posted on the build. Also, I currently just finished overhauling my R154 with all the beefy Marlin Crawler upgrades(1st to 2nd Billet Shift Fork, COMP Series Bearing Plate, MC Thrust Washer for first gear, and both bushings for the shifter). I still have to collect a few items for the transmission swap but until then I will install the Turbo Kit and run low boost to avoid burning up the stock clutch and stock W55 Trans. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to Fight Club.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It is intoxicating lol. What kinna engine management you gonna use? I run the haltech e11v2

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry about the late reply, just have been busy with the install and other stuff.

It is intoxicating lol. What kinna engine management you gonna use? I run the haltech e11v2
I'll be running the Haltech F10X.

Update: As far as everything goes all the hardware is installed. All that remains is installing the Haltech, including wiring it in. Also need to install and wire in the Blitz I-Color and A/F Box. And then finally the few small boost/vacuum hoses for the Wastegate and BOV. Hopefully I will have it running tomorrow(Monday), but it really depends how busy I am at work. Thanks for the support! I'll get a few pictures up of the finished product when everything is completed.

As far as the TX2k10 supra meet, don't know at this point if I am going to show up to that or not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, we finished the car up on Tuesday night. Of course ran into a few little bumps but managed to push through and drive the car home that night. I have a few pictures that I will upload later. Car is driving great considering it is not tuned. Now for some help from you board members. Calling any R154 gurus out, I'm working on getting the HKS GDMax Twin Plate Clutch, I wanted to check a part number with you guys. 2604-ST003 I believe is the correct part number for the clutch assembly. Is this correct?
Also, after I get the clutch, the parts list below shows the other pieces I need:

1992 SC300 Shift Lever Lexus P/N: 33530-24040
Redline MTL Transmission Fluid
Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line for MK3 Supra Turbo
MK3 Slave Cylinder P/N: 31470-14050
Transmission Shift Fork P/N: 31204-14031
Flywheel bolts P/N: 90910-02103 (8 Of them)
Clutch release hub bearing P/N: 90363-45012
Snap ring P/N: 96152-00450
Plate washer P/N: 90201-71001
Wave washer P/N: 90206-72001
Shaft snap ring P/N: 90520-67001
Washer P/N: 909201-45023
Clutch spring pin P/N: 31264-14040
Throw out (pilot bearing) P/N: 90363-12002-77
Drive Shaft

Please check this list and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks again for all the support and help. I also wanted to extend great thanks to Mo with SRT for all the help he gave to me over the phone. SRT did a great job with everything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finished Pictures

Sorry it took so long to get these up, they aren't the greatest pictures but at least there is something for you guys to look at. Also disregard the question about the HKS Clutch in the previous post.(Found out it was discontinued) Moving on to an Exedy Twin Plate now.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice setup indeed.. I ran the 2.75 kit for a long time. I upgraded the pistons, cams and valve springs, along with the exhaust and fuel system and was running around on 19psi and the car was an absolute blast on the street! You will enjoy boost ALOT!

Chris

·
Blue Devil
3,658 Posts
welcome to the club man! the 2.75 is amazing. i have the same setup, hopefully at some point i'll get around to upgrading it, like lcvette just mentioned (internals, fuel system)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.