Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Lexus IS300
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed the mud guards I ordered from eBay! Not 100% perfect fitment, but pretty good for $30. Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I've always been a fan of the mudguards.

They'll look alot better when you're paint matched.

·
Registered
2001 Lexus IS300
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks not bad for the price, they still seem to follow the molding contouring well. They just bolt right on in stock holes? I agree that painting them would give them a nicer look so they don't look like they cost $30
I'm actually a fan of the bare plastic. Also, they screw in to only a few of the existing holes. For example, the stock trim in the front is held on with 3 screws on the face, and 1 underneath. These bolt in to 2 of those holes, and one underneath. They're really good for the price. Obviously, I would prefer OEM Toyota Altezza guards, but those are impossible to find, and they're expensive.

·
Registered
336 Posts
+1 for will look way better after paint match

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I'm actually a fan of the bare plastic. Also, they screw in to only a few of the existing holes. For example, the stock trim in the front is held on with 3 screws on the face, and 1 underneath. These bolt in to 2 of those holes, and one underneath. They're really good for the price. Obviously, I would prefer OEM Toyota Altezza guards, but those are impossible to find, and they're expensive.
To each it's own, I feel it.

If it was me though, I'd color match, then put weather stripping around it.

I had rep eBay side strakes on my S2000. The gaskets made them look OEM and 1000% better fitment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's not that bad for its price, it looks nice. Tbh, I am not a fan of mudguards on car, I guess we all have different preferences.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Just to let you know, THOSE ARE OEM! So you actually got a great deal at $30. And like everyone has suggested, they would definitely look a lot better if you paint matched them. I used to have a pair myself, well I actually still have them but not on the car. Unfortunately they got trashed from being low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts