Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after a while I have finally gotten to the drag strip, I wasn't sure what I would run...was hopping to run a mid 14 but honestly didn't know. The car is supposed to run a 15.1 stock from what I've heard...

Anyway, Some of you already know or have seen my car...My first time out at the track with some friends having some fun. We had to drive just over 180 miles (one way) to get to a 1/4 mile track...We were at Montgomery Motorsports Park (MMP) The temp was around 70-75 and it don't tell me the elevation on the slip so...Anyway, I don't have much done to it except k&n fipk, tanabe hyper exhaust, greddy cam gear (set to 5 deg. retarded, not dyno tuned) and from what I came to find out only after my runs, my tire pressure was set to 41 PSI...My friend's GTO has stainless works long tube headers, cat-less mid pipe, borla cat back, dyno tuned...

The time slip

------------IS300--------------------GTO

R/T---------.647---------------------.789

60' ---------2.178--------------------2.241

1/8---------9.406--------------------8.873

MPH--------75.13--------------------84.55

1/4---------14.634-------------------13.492

mph---------93.87-------------------107.52

This was my best run of the day, I'm only kinda impressed...Like I said, I was hopping for at least a 14.5 but I guess overall it's not to bad. Here's the video of us running...and the "score board" showed the wrong speed for the GTO but the time slip was right ;)

YouTube - 04 IS300 vs 06 GTO 1/4 mile

Heres another further up the track

I was consistently within .2 of each run all day (unless I screwed up, lol)

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
thats a respectable run, looks fun, I wish I could get on a 1/4 mile track sometime.

·
Registered
526 Posts
i race a 91 acura integra fully built motor on 20psi turbo setup... its a great rush. when the season starts up this year i will probably take the IS3 up for a run just for the heck of it... fun tho for sure

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thats the kind of posts i look for...honest people... your is makes up for its lacking quarter mile in top end speed... though these cars are not at all built for performance it takes cash to lower that time unforunateley and alot of it..but ur doin great so far props

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
14.60s is impressive with your mods. Most people don't see those numbers without the addition of a tuned AFC and more aggressive clutch & lightened flywheel. Now go get that mazzuri!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
We had to drive just over 180 miles (one way) to get to a 1/4 mile track...We were at Montgomery Motorsports Park (MMP)
LoL My friends Dad built that Track. I always thought it was 1/8 mile though. Hmmm. You are talking about Montgomery Alabama right?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanks everyone for your comments...I know that knocking off a half second in the 1/4 with an intake, exhaust and cam gear isn't bad at all but I do consider myself someone that knows his car and knows how to drive his car. My friend with the GTO was pissed cause out of every time we raced, I'd slaughter him through the 60' and it wasn't until I was hitting 3rd to where he would pass me, lol. Here's another video...Just shows how a good driver with a slow car can keep up (for a while anyway) with a fast car with a shitty driver, lol.

The main thing I was unhappy with, is that the car runs in the low 90s stock and to knock that much off I was hopping to have a trap speed around 96...I know that might seem a little high but one of the cars I used to have (a 96 eclipse GST convertible 5sd) runs a [email protected] stock and with as short of gear ratios as my IS has, I was sure I'd be up there...

Now go get that mazzuri!!!
Trust me, I want it but I've only had her since Feb. 11, 08 lol not to mention, I'm waiting for a group by that danielm will hopefully do soon...That's the only way I'm getting one unless I can find a used one in good shape. By the way, is this your car?

YouTube - IS300 -vs- Spec V Sentra

I'm sure it is, so what are your exact mods?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LoL My friends Dad built that Track. I always thought it was 1/8 mile though. Hmmm. You are talking about Montgomery Alabama right?
Yeah, we're talking about the same place...I assure you that it's a 1/4 mile though, lol. Do you know how happy I'd be if I traped almost 94mph in the 1/8 much less how pissed I'd be running it in 14.6, lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
nice run. the track in montgomery is terrible though. A nicer track may provide you with lower numbers as well. If you could get the 60ft. time down with some stickier tires, you'd be a bit happier as well.

I am new to the lexus game, what is a mazzuri?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice run. the track in montgomery is terrible though. A nicer track may provide you with lower numbers as well. If you could get the 60ft. time down with some stickier tires, you'd be a bit happier as well.

I am new to the lexus game, what is a mazzuri?
It's only the best header made for our cars...

Welcome | Mazzuri Super - custom mandrel bends,mandrel bends,stainless steel bends,45,90,180,120,15,u-bends,u-j bends :: IS300 Mazzuri Super Header and Ypipe system.

I thought the track was pretty good, hell, try it out at holt and see what you come up with...my 60' was down to a 2.10 and even with it being about 25-30 deg cooler I was a little slower 9.46 to the 9.40 at Mountgumery...the speed was down @ 73.xx where as I was at 75.xx @ MMP

To get a 60' time of 2.1 is really good for our cars as well and stickier tires would mean that I'd have to launch at a higher RPM to get the same amount of wheelspin so I don't bog down...I just need more power, as about 95% of the ppl on this forum do, lol.

What exacty are you looking for...car wise?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts