Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
<flame>
Why is it that whenever someone gets an is300 and posts pictures of it, everyone gawks at it and says how nice it looks? It's completely stock, how is it any different than the one you own or the one sitting in the lot? Why bother even posting pictures if you haven't made any modifications to it?
</flame>

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JCS,
I posted picts of my car cause I wanted to show what I worked damn hard to buy and that I am proud of it. Just because you might not like does not mean you have to come on here and put me down for posting picts of my car, I would nvr do that to someone else, it shows nothing but low class and immaturity.

------------------
Russell
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey Pearl

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice car, no snow... lucky you!

------------------
Peabers
'01 IS300 Graphite Grey Pearl/Black Cloth LSD

[This message has been edited by Peabers (edited December 10, 2000).]

·
Registered
697 Posts
Originally posted by Russell:
JCS,
I posted picts of my car cause I wanted to show what I worked damn hard to buy and that I am proud of it. Just because you might not like does not mean you have to come on here and put me down for posting picts of my car, I would nvr do that to someone else, it shows nothing but low class and immaturity.

I just don't know why they do that??

·
2,909 Posts
Hey that looks like mine!! hee hee hee

FYI- When I saw your "signature" at the bottom of your post I noticed it said "Grey" instead of "Gray". I made sure before I wrote this and in fact on the factory sticker price it says "Gray". (just so you know)

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl

[This message has been edited by jiggafett (edited December 10, 2000).]

·
11,061 Posts
Regarding Gray and Grey...I believe that American English is currently undergoing a change. When I was in school, we were taught to spell it "gray". However, a lot of American's are now using "grey" which has always been more prevalent in England. Actually, it bugs me. I like to know which one to use...so until I'm really the odd one out, I think I'll stick to "gray"..at least when I'm stateside.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey J ust C ock S ucking

why don't you lay off choad. Why don't we let everyone take a look at your car and then they can decide which they would rather look at????????

I tell you what.. i'll even put down money that most people here would rather look at russ's.

JCS's POS
http://rt.fm/~jcs/legend/

Later,

------------------
Justin
'90 GSX
2nd Gen RX-7
Auburn Extreme Racing Club
Not A Business Racing

[This message has been edited by Felix (edited December 10, 2000).]

·
Registered
591 Posts
Beautiful Car dude!

I think the IS300 Looks Perfect the way it comes from the factory! STOCK
But I must admit, I've seen several IS300s on here lately with After Market Wheels and Suspensions that looked GOOD Also

But think about it.... The fact that someone modifies their IS doesn't mean its unique.
Just look on this board alone and you will see Modified IS300s. So Unique ??
I think NOT

And if anyone here thinks Souping your IS300 up will increase the Worth or Blue Book of the car on a trade-in you're sadly mistaken.

So, again to each his own. But the car IMO Rocks either way. Stock or Slightly Modified .

While Im on the subject I must also admit that I've seen pictures of several Ugly,Tacky IS300s on the board too.

One that comes to mind is the Black Low Rider IS.

------------------
JUSTIN & DENISE C. OWNERS OF THE ONE-OF-A-KIND IS300

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by jcs:
Why is it that whenever someone gets an is300 and posts pictures of it, everyone gawks at it and says how nice it looks?
That is weird. I guess people compliment cars because they like them. Why, don't you get the same result when you post pics of your Prelude? (oops I mean Acura) I mean, you do have a stereo and rims on it. No way I could have imagined that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by Felix:
Hey J ust C ock S ucking
wow, that's clever. how long did it take you to come up with that one?

Why don't we let everyone take a look at your car and then they can decide which they would rather look at????????
oh no, you've unmasked the secret location of the pictures of my car!

I tell you what.. i'll even put down money that most people here would rather look at russ's.
you people really need to settle down. i never said that there's anything wrong with the is300. i was in the process of buying one myself (explaning my obvious reason for reading these forums) until something came up.

look who's talking, there, sport. http://www.auburnextremeracing.org/drivers/justin/

[This message has been edited by jcs (edited December 10, 2000).]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by smra:
I think the IS300 Looks Perfect the way it comes from the factory! STOCK But I must admit, I've seen several IS300s on here lately with After Market Wheels and Suspensions that looked GOOD Also
again, i never said anything was wrong with the car. i was making an observation about the people on this forum who act surprised at pictures of a car that looks -exactly- like theirs. the car is beautiful, and i'm happy for you that you own one, but i don't see how it's different than anyone else's. i'd gladly look at pictures of modifications (ala TEG's) and admire them for the way they set the car apart from the rest.

But think about it.... The fact that someone modifies their IS doesn't mean its unique.
no, it does mean it's unique. any modification makes it stand out from the crowd. the question is, does the modification make it look better or worse? honda civics that have huge, non-functional spoilers and 6" tailpipes are different and unique from stock civics, but they look retarded and would probably be better off stock.

And if anyone here thinks Souping your IS300 up will increase the Worth or Blue Book of the car on a trade-in you're sadly mistaken.
i don't think people modify their cars to increase the monitary value of them. modifications and custom accessories have sentimential value, and usually don't mean much when you trade the car in or sell it. when i was at the lexus dealer, they looked at my car and told me i should take the rims off since they wouldn't give me anything for them. i'd rather have them on, of course, since they make my car stand out and give it a unique look.

So, again to each his own. But the car IMO Rocks either way. Stock or Slightly Modified
i agree wholeheartedly.

[This message has been edited by jcs (edited December 10, 2000).]

·
Registered
5 Posts
13.2!! Thats damn quick Felix. what's your Acura run jcs?

Usually when someone uses the phrase 'look who's talking' it means that the person who first posted is a hypocrite. Like say, if Felix had a car that was slower or crappier than yours. Or if you had more mods than him. Niether of which is the case. So you're not doing yourself any favors by giving that link. Is this clear? Or do you need a slap in the head?

Let me clarify - Here's what happened. You said that posting pictures of a stock IS300 (or any car without mods) is dumb. Felix said that you post pictures of a Legend that has wheels and speakers, so you can't talk. Then you say '<i>Look Who's Talking</i>' and give a link to Felix's cars that are modded to hell and run 13.2. Why? What did you gain?

But you do have a valid point. Pictures of a stock IS300 damn sure don't belong on a board devoted to IS300s.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts