finally got popped today

2K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  FiSta 
#1 ·
pickin up friends from school
pulled up in the road where i normally do
guess im not supposed to
got popped for my tint and all this crap

the excuse "it was on the car when i bought it " doesnt work

curious if there any good writeoffs for the tint?

oh and if anyone knows how much a 22400(A)VC slow moving fine is ?

#12 ·
Dude... this thread is weak...

Get a ref. ticket then cry about...

All of your tickets are minor fix it tickets, just get it written off and your done.

#18 ·
Back to the original ?s, I have gotten tickets for noise polution and tint on two of my cars. First thing, tint is just a fix-it - strip and get it signed off and pay the $20 filing fee. (in my civic I bought used widows and switched them out so I didn't have to re-tint later, it was cheaper than re-tinting) The sound ticket was like $280 if I remember right (about 7 years ago). That one I went into court for, talked to the judge and he reduced it to the $20 filing charge. He was really cool about it, told me what kind of music he listens to really loud (Frank Sinatra) and that he hates rap. He then asked me what type of music I was listening to, and told me jokingly that if it was rap he would double the fine..... I told him it was Frankie and he dropped the fine.

#21 ·
Thats sad man, I have 2 10's in my trunk (I don't listen to rap) and have driven past cops with my windows down and have yet to get a ticket for that.

Don't worry though, my friend got a noise pollution ticket and it was easy for him to pay it, 270$ sounds about the right price.

#25 ·
oh great I feel left out , the only ive been stopped was when my IS was bone stock.......lol , but good for me

#28 ·
I got a ticket 3 mos ago for 60 in a 50 and tint.. I left the tint on and just paid the $48 dollar fine.. you figure 20 filing fee, and S.D. sheriffs charge you $10 to come out and sign off your ticket.. F that, I hate California laws....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.