Lexus IS Forum banner

Finally got my new IS300!

2K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  kuuligan 
#1 ·
I finally got it! After 2 months of Internet shopping I've finally got a deal on a new 2003 IS300:

~ E-shift
~ All the luxury goods
~ Beautiful Charcoal Gray!!!

Sticker: $32,896
My price: $27,000

Yep, no kidding. Lexus of Beverly Hills is selling these at about $6,000 discount - they are loosing money upfront but I'm sure they are a volume dealer and get a fat rebate/bonus check at the end of the year: I'm a Featherlite dealer myself, so I know these tricks If you by any chance in a market for a new IS, be sure to ask for Fritz - super guy, no pressure, very understanding and courteous. I saw another thread where a guy bought the same car from Arizona, so this is no doubt the best place to shop...

I did have to drive to LA (420 miles for me each way), but local dealers won't even come close to this price, so go figure! In any case, I've had a great trip, except for my very first ticket - got pulled over for passing a semi in the third left lane on a four lane I-5. Beoatch!!! That clown even wrote on the ticket (although didn't give another citation) that I was driving 67m/h in a 55 m/h (truck with a trailer) and I was actually going 55m/h with a cruise control!!! Jackass... anyway, here are some pics:

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats!! :D whoo hoo, I'm glad I was able to help another IS300 find a home. I'm happy you were able to get the car at the price (wow, $200 lower 8) I'm gonna have to talk to fritz :lol: )

#12 ·
AsianSensation334 said:
congrats on the purchase! and btw its not charcoal gray its GGP Gray Graphite Pearl :lol: just messing with you man. but enojy your car and safe driving!

-ringo
If you're going to correct someone one what the actually name of the color is called, you should at least give them the correct information.

GGP = Graphite Gray Pearl.

anywho.. congrats.....

at least you didn't get a speeding ticket in the new IS. :lol:

#15 ·
options.

Nope, no navigation system: if my wife can't find her way around town without it, then I'll take the car away :D

But, for those of you who wonder what the package was for this price:

- Power windows, doors, locks, driver/passenger seats
- Moonroof
- Spoiler
- Leather/Ecsaine trim
- Floormats, trunkmat, cargonet
- HIDs / Auto_dimming mirrors (not sure if these were optional to begin with...?)

The only two options which I know she'll miss are the heated seats (do they even make those on the Ecsaine trim???) and the memory seats: she's 5'4" and 6'3" so our seating positions are quite different and we got spoiled using this option in my RX300.

#21 ·
flashboy said:
wow... actually looking to buy the same exact one.... at the same dealer too. my mother got her lexus there..... damn better call quick....

nice pics btw.
Good luck bud. Who are you dealing with? Are you planning on trailering the car or just driving it out of the dealership? It's a nightmare to drive around there with anything longer then 20' (my "train" was a little over 40') :crazy:

#22 ·
hi... oh congrats on the car btw... very nice...

I just spoke with "Sean" he seemed cool but my mother will be paying for it so she's going in later this week to talk to her sales rep.... seems most dealerships in So-Cal are around the same price range right now..... so excited cuz I currently have a 93 honda civic with 130k on it.... wish me luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.