Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Black IS300, 17k miles on it...got it for $22k, my only complaint is the gas mileage, it can't be this bad can it? I'm barely getting 200 miles to the tank if that, I put $27 in and it only gave me 3/4, I used to have a 5.7L Camaro SS and it seemed like that got better gas mileage than the lexus. Does anyone else have the same problem?

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you mash on the gas it eats it up. Congrats! You'll love the car. I switch my car every year and I am keepin' this one...

·
Registered
141 Posts
You don't buy the IS for gas mileage. You should get a little better than numbers you listed if you adjust your driving habits, but don't expect much. It is a great car and fun to drive so it is all worth it to me

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congrats. . . I just got mine about a month ago. Yes, I was suprised about how much gas it eats up. I went from a Camry to an IS and notices a HUGE difference in the way gas is pumped in. You can't help but feel superior when you get behind the wheel and those heads start to turn and look at you. As soon as these gas prices lower, you will ignore the problem, but its roughly about 17 mpg. I look at the mpg meter and laugh when I so 80 mpg. That thing is just for decoration ha ha ha!!! ENJOY. . . . Its a Celebration BITCHES!!! You got a pimp ass ride!!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't know how you guys drive, but the way I'm driving, I'm getting like 300+ a tank and I just filled up today, I got an average of 20 mpg for both city and highway driving. Once i drove to Atlantic City and back from NYC, i averaged 27mpg. At half a tank, I've already ran like 250 miles. I stayed above speed limit throughout the whole trip which is 70-80 mph. But the dude "I want an IS" he is getting 200 miles a tank, that is just ridiculous. And sir, $27 of gas???? what type of gas are you pumping in???? From near empty, it costs me $50 to fill up all the way. Getting 3/4 is normal i guess, cause we do have a huge tank. 17 gallons~!!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just ask yourself, why buy an IS if you're going to granny drive it? :lol: Just fill up and don't calculate the numbers...although 200 for a tank seems too low. A good avg is about 300 miles to a tank.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i drive somewhat aggressively and get some where around 280-310 miles to a tank... its all worth it though... believe me.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. I average about 140 miles on the street for half a tank, and 220 on the highway for half a tank. I don't let it go below half due to ASTRONOMICAL gas prices.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
dewdecacks said:
congrats on the new car. expect to get classier girls over the shitty camaro!

I have seen some pretty classless ISes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
congrats on your new car but IS is a sport sedan so expect it to burn gas and drive it like you never driven it before is so quick

·
Registered
38 Posts
man, im getting like 350 miles to the tank! are you using 93 octane or atleast 91 octane? if your using regular unleaded then you could be losing MPG. alot of my driving is highway miles and I average about 24MPG, but 200/tank seems really low even for city driving unless you are gunning it at every corner.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update

I'm getting around 280-300/tank now...I think my first tank wasn't all the way b/c ity came from the dealership. I love it, but guess what once you get past 80mph it feels like 60 it's so smooth, so I've gotten 2 tickets already oh well, totally worth it.

I want to put a wide body kit on it,( nothing too ricer) and some 19 inch chrome wheels.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts