Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My day has finally come! I had been following this car for a looonngg time. I got my IS with the (I feel and I'm sure TEG feels) beautiful cloth seats and moonroof. I wanted the graphite wheels but couldn't wait 3 months. I used priceline.com I did all my research and requested the car for $30,100--$2000 dollars off sticker and actually got it. For anyone who has not seen this color in person I must say you'll be very impressed by the way it just SPARKLES in the sun. I can't stop staring at the car I feel like those guys in the Lexus commercials.

I was so tired because I didn't get alot of sleep I was so anxious. So as I was driving home from the dealer out of the corner of my eye I saw someone staring at the car, I looked over at him and he nodded his head with a smile (like hell yeah that's a nice car)kind of look, and I nodded my head and smiled back. I could not get the smile off my face no matter how much I tried, then I just started laughing, I felt so good I got my car. I saved my money for 1 year 11 months and 10 days. I got my dream car, and I want to wish everyone who has theirs or is waiting for theirs the best of luck!!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by jiggafett:
I saved my money for 1 year 11 months and 10 days. I got my dream car, and I want to wish everyone who has theirs or is waiting for theirs the best of luck!!
It's always nice to see someone who worked and saved to buy their car rather than having it handed to them... That's why you are so pysched! Congratulations, it's obvious that you really did *earn* it.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Good deal jiggafett. Any last minute hiccups or did everything go smoothly with Priceline? I'm thinking about using them. Congrats on your new car.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks c_creek,
I had to go through alot of sh** to save my money. With you mentioning that's why I'm so psyched, I would have to say you're 100% correct.

Kota,
No problems what-so-ever, I went to the dealer beleving I was going to somehow get charged more, and that never occured. As long as I have prepared to purchase the car I was coming to the dealer prepared for "battle" and later realized it was not necassary. What you ask for is what you pay. The only other charge was tax, but that's prob. obvious.

One other experience I had with priceline.com was last Dec. when I purchased my airline tixx. The avg. tixx to Tokyo were between $1100-$1500 I really did not want to spend that huge amount while still saving for the car. So I checked priceline and requsted a roundtrip fare for $760, I did not think I was going to get that price, and to my amazement I got it. That is why I checked priceline for the car since some other people I know never came through for me to get the price I wanted for the car.

So to everyone else who reads this I testify that priceline is well worth the measly $50 charge for finding the vehicle you purchase. Maybe they'll sell car parts one day "hmmmmm!" I could be onto something.

Thanx TEG!! It feels great!!

[This message has been edited by jiggafett (edited October 14, 2000).]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yo Jigga, Congrats! I agree with you, graphite is the bomb. That's the only color
I would consider. The other colors are aiight too but this...I don't think I'll buy one if I don't get this color. And a manual
tranny too of course. Can't wait. And by waiting around will also buy me some time to save a little bit more mulah. So when I finally get mine, I'm gonna be so psyched just like you. Can't wait. Ooops! Did I already say that?

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx guys,
AltezzaRoku you will have that feeling no doubt.

isdisisdat, you are going to love it when you get it too probably a little more if it's manual.

For all BMW owners (I don't mean this in a negative way AT ALL), but I love the stares you all give, those are the ones I like best.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again everyone,
laughing boy Right now it is around 3 o'clock in the morning so I'm half asleep, and was wondering what is "SAG". I honestly can't recall hearing that before. The only thing I can think of is Screen Actors Guild, but I'm sure that I'm way off. Maybe you could fill me in.

In a few days I hope to post some pics of my car and from the 30th annual Miami Beach Auto Show which had just past. I contacted Tony, and I think he went also maybe he has pics too but I'm not sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
jiggafett
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing