Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a very long wait, I finally took delivery of my IS 350 today. I was able to drive away about 2 hours after it backed off the truck. It was such an exciting event for me that it was like Christmas and 10 birthdays all rolled up into an hour.

It is Tungsten Pearl/Black Interior with Sport/Nav. No ML, PCS or PA.

What really suprised me is how different the experience of owning one is from the test drive. The test drive was very aniseptic and not very exciting. I was even lucky enough to take one on my own for 30 minutes. That experience cannot be compared to driving my own.

Owning one is another world. Even though I wasnt initially fond of Tungsten Pearl, I immediately fell in love with the car when I saw it. My first choice would have been GFM or CW, but I am very happy with what I ended up with as it looks really good and goes well with the black interior.

The sports package really seems to add an aggressive look to the car and DEFINATELY solves any handling issues present in the other models.

The stereo is also really good, despite it not being ML. The sound is clean and the bass solid. It doesnt have the punch of ML, but it is really good, and I'm happy with it.

Having the dealer leave the plastic on was one of the smartest things I could have done. I was able to go around back where the car would have been detailed, and they had Lexus after Lexus being run through an automatic BRUSH WASHER (swirl-o-matic)! It took a whole 2 minutes to remove the plastic, and the car wasnt filthy, though it did need a wash.

This is easily the best car I have ever owned, and I couldnt be happier.

I'll post some pictures this weekend after I polish and seal it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Congrats on the car

by any chance did u see the glacier frost color when picking out your color that you chose?

I want another Crystal white as my 2002 Is is crystal white now...but im looking to see how the glacier frost looks

I'm going friday to dealer to start negotiting..but dealers around me..don't have any is350 expcept a few

Good luck with your car and post pics

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WhiteLex said:
Congrats on the car

by any chance did u see the glacier frost color when picking out your color that you chose?

I want another Crystal white as my 2002 Is is crystal white now...but im looking to see how the glacier frost looks

I'm going friday to dealer to start negotiting..but dealers around me..don't have any is350 expcept a few

Thanks. I have never seen a Glacier Frost IS other than in pictures. I have seen plenty of GS in that color and I think it's astounding. Crystal White is very, very nice as well. There is something about GFM that screams unique. :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
TwoStroke said:
Thanks. I have never seen a Glacier Frost IS other than in pictures. I have seen plenty of GS in that color and I think it's astounding. Crystal White is very, very nice as well. There is something about GFM that screams unique. :)
Yep thats what makes me wanna see the Glacier Frost in Person

Exactly what u said..theres something about it that makes it unique...Very Nice IMO

Well again GOod luck with the Car!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The Glacier Frost Mica has that pearl (blue transparency) and it is definitely a nice color esp. when the sun hits it. Congrats on your purchase!!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
WhiteLex said:
Congrats on the car

Man the glaceir frost is very nice. Like someone said when the sun hits it, it is very nice. congrats on your car, enjoy.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I just repainted my IS with DWP and a coat of Blue Pearl. It is not as noticeable as the GFM but that was my inspiration........The only problem will be down the line if you add a kit of a lip or anything for that matter it will be EXTREMELY hard to match the paint.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Firstly, congrats on the car - I have exactly the same - TP/Blk - Sports and I fully agree whatever handling criticism I had with the test drive of the Premium package is gone.
I also found the color to be brilliant silver - in the brochures, it seemed to have a tinge of gold/champagne.
I'm getting so many looks/comments in Seattle - my sales guy called to thank me for a lead yesterday - think I need to negiotate a commission!

·
11,061 Posts
BRUSH washer at the dealer? I shudder to think of it. Mine does only hand washes.

Congrats on the new baby!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SeattleSheila said:
BRUSH washer at the dealer? I shudder to think of it. Mine does only hand washes.

Congrats on the new baby!
I know! I couldnt believe my eyes. I really wanted to take a picture and post it. I will say that my dealer is very, very high volume (service dept.). I cannot imagine how they would get so many cars washed without going with an automatic.

Thanks for the congrats. :)

Pictures coming soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
SeattleSheila said:
BRUSH washer at the dealer? I shudder to think of it....
Yep, makes me cringe also!! Unfortunately many dealers are installing some type of "swirl-o-matic" so they can cut some bodies from payroll.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Congrats man! All you fockers are making me want to go out and get one of these now!!! As everybody else said, give us some pics!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats. I have the same color/package combo on the way in a month or two! Post pics! :)

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
:lol: you must be in :cloud9:. Congrats! and enjoy your new ride. :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts