Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had Eibach sportlines for a few months now and i finally just got around to getting an alignment. bad idea because the insides of my tires were slick. one so bad it was worn down to the wires. the camber on the rear was like -2.9 and the front was -1.8 or something around there. and i had to order megan racing adjustable toe for the rear because something was wrong with my stock toe. the best they could get the rear camber to was -2.0 and the front to -1.0 but they were able to adjust the toe in the rear as much as they needed to. drives like a completly different car now. the steerings feels much different

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ive had Eibach sportlines for a few months now and i finally just got around to getting an alignment. bad idea because the insides of my tires were slick. one so bad it was worn down to the wires. the camber on the rear was like -2.9 and the front was -1.8 or something around there. and i had to order megan racing adjustable toe for the rear because something was wrong with my stock toe. the best they could get the rear camber to was -2.0 and the front to -1.0 but they were able to adjust the toe in the rear as much as they needed to. drives like a completly different car now. the steerings feels much different
whats the drop on those? and does it drive better or worse? because i need to get mine alligned

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the drop is 1.5 inches all aroud. drives much better. dont really know how to describe it but its completly different

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
you got any pics? are you on stock shocks?

I've been debating on the sportlines but I don't want major issues.. is it worth it? do you need to get anything for the front now and how much were the megan racing adjustables if you don't mind me asking?

sorry for all the q's ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just bought Eibach Prokit Springs with the 1 inch drop, is this going to cause major Camber issues as well? The reason I didn't go with the Sportlines was because I am trying to avoid the camber issues but I have a feeling after reading all the threads here that I am going to have them. I will be running KYB adjustable shocks and struts as well but don't know if that will make a differance either.

·
1,621 Posts
I just bought Eibach Prokit Springs with the 1 inch drop, is this going to cause major Camber issues as well? The reason I didn't go with the Sportlines was because I am trying to avoid the camber issues but I have a feeling after reading all the threads here that I am going to have them. I will be running KYB adjustable shocks and struts as well but don't know if that will make a differance either.
You'll be okay with the eibach prokit since you can still set the camber within factory specs after the drop. Prokit springs = L-tuned springs :approve:

·
Registered
435 Posts
i had sportlines on stock shocks before and personally didn't like how they hopped so much. they are on koni sports now and i love'em! i suggest you guys do the same. it's gonna drop tiny bit more than stock shocks, but alignment issues DID get fixed with Cusco upper a-arm for the front and i heard Figs MEGA ARMS will fix the rear. i will find out when i get'em in a week.

is it worth spending about $1000 (cusco, figs, alignment) for the sportlines? i'd say hell yeah!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks Bro, to be on the safe side I just ordered Megan rear Toe Control Arms and I am currently looking for something for the front to be able to adjust Camber so my alignment will stay tight!

·
Registered
435 Posts
gizmo99360 from texas is selling Cusco upper a-arm for $300 (shipping price). that's an awesome price. whoever has sportlines gonna need these for the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts