Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Well I just looked up the ring gap on the CP website and looks like I have some more filing to do. Min .018 for turbo applications. Back to it this evening...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Tonight I regapped the rings to cp specs and cleaned all of the old assembly lube off of the rod bearings. Pistons will go in tomorrow and hopefully I will have time to assemble the head. Pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Progress is slow because I am super busy but there is progress. Piston and rods are in. Rear main seal and oil pump are on. Oil pan #1 is on. Hopefully o will get a chance to visit a shop tomorrow and talk to them about timing options. I can say that I contacted ProEFi for some options on shops to tune in my area and they have been very helpful. They even reached out to the shop to start the dialogue.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Work is still going on although at a slow pace. I have the bottom end finished. Now on to the head. I decided to go with ID1300x injectors and a walbro helcat 525 pump. Those should be here soon. I am still going back and forth on the transmission between cd009 and t56. Anyone with experience with the cd009 swap want to chime in? I am all ears.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Work is still going on although at a slow pace. I have the bottom end finished. Now on to the head. I decided to go with ID1300x injectors and a walbro helcat 525 pump. Those should be here soon. I am still going back and forth on the transmission between cd009 and t56. Anyone with experience with the cd009 swap want to chime in? I am all ears.
T56 hands down. Choice in gears and strong.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Between CD009 and T56, I think the T56 is a no-brainer. There's a current thread going where I pontificate my opinions quite strongly: https://www.my.is/forums/f114/r154-cd009-600hp-need-help-607085/.
In case you missed this before...
I didn't miss it. I read that thread to the end. I am trying to get experience from those who have the CD009 specifically. There is a 2k price difference between the two with 🍎 2 🍎. I don't have an unlimited budget so was looking for personal experiences. I know we have talked about the T56. I am just trying to figure out what is going to be best for my application and budget. 2k is a lot to me especially considering I was going to go r154...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Received the 525 hellcat pump and ID1300x injectors. Just ordered the T56 transmission swap this morning...hopefully I will have some time to put the top end of the motor together this week. Taking the turbo manifolds in to get ceramic coated Friday. Moving right along.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Haven't been working on the car much lately due to "Life". However I have been spending money...lol.... Work will begin again soon...

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yes, yes you have spent some serious money!

I dont think the hellcat pump will fit the stock sending unit...what trickery do you have planned? It will be a good pump if you can get it to fit.

I’m working on getting a billet sending unit from an Evo to fit the IS300. Hopefully not much to it, plug off the Mitsu ports for the siphon pump since it’s all inside on a Toyota. The top hat is like 3/32 too big diameter, so it’s going to go in a lathe. Hope to test fit it soon, though, and not be a 400$ mistake!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I was planning on taking a look to see what modifications would be needed to get it to fit with the stock hanger. Otherwise I may just end up getting a dual hanger and going from there. I like what you have going on with your Evo hanger though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Turtle moves over here...lol. The motor is basically done. I put some old cam covers on it to keep my pretty ones pretty. I am currently rebuilding the power steering pump. Once that is done it is on to the clutch.

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looking good, and getting closer. Nothing good happens fast at this stage.

May I recommend a billet timing belt pulley bracket, while you have the motor out? The billet steel PHR with the bronze bushing and hardened steel seat is a good one. May as well get a better crank damper too.

I like your anodized VVTi pulley. Never seen that done before. My Evo hanger is working great so far. No leaks and measuring fuel consumption like stock. You could probably fit a hellcat on the Evo hanger. Otherwise, you’ll have to mod a stock hanger. The base of the walbros where it swells out makes it harder to fit. If you could find an IS300 SRT or Squash hanger I think they’d work with a hellcat pump, too.

I see the Mcloud clutch box in the pic, did you get a twin disc?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I do have a billet pulley bracket from Brangers racing. The clutch is the RXT twin. I contacted squash an they said that their hanger is a few weeks out from being in stock. I will figure out what route to go when I get to that point. Thanks on the pulley I had it painted. We will see how well it stands up. What I am really trying to decide on is my throttle body situation. I don’t know if I want to go with the aristo type set up or go manual throttle body.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Clutch is on. The bread trick worked to get the pilot bearing out. Clutch went on easy. Throw out bearing and mounting up the transmission next. After that I will figure out my fueling scenario.

Attachments

81 - 95 of 95 Posts