Discussion Starter #21
OK maybe this will work..

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well put.

A lot of people play games, whereas op does not.
Thanks guys. I am just turning a dream I have had for a while into reality. I would post more pictures but for some reason I can't. The block is supposed to be back from the machine shop Tuesday or Wednesday. I will try and figure out a way to post more pics. I think I have exceeded my maximum limit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Lets see if this works...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Unfortunately the block has been delayed until Friday at the machine shop. On a good note the intake manifold has come in. I will post a pic of it a little later. I haven't seen it in person yet but from the picture it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It has been a little bit since I have posted an update because the block was at the machine shop. I am going to check on the car tomorrow. In the mean time I would like to know what air filter you boosted guys use besides K&N. I refuse to use them again.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
It has been a little bit since I have posted an update because the block was at the machine shop. I am going to check on the car tomorrow. In the mean time I would like to know what air filter you boosted guys use besides K&N. I refuse to use them again.
Thanks.
If you don't have a MAF sensor to worry about, there is really not much to worry about with K&Ns. I usually clean the K&N but don't oil them much or at all. It makes for a reduced efficiency catching particles, but haven't had a failure or notable damage on a teardown from it.

That said, I usually just go with AFE now as you can build the part number for the dimensions you need, and they come in either dry or oiled configuration.

Advanced FLOW Engineering

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for the suggestions. I am not interested in K & N not because it is oiled. I had a bad experience with them in the past. It allowed an unacceptable amount to dirt past the filter. Had one on the car and the bike. I removed both of them. I will look into the Advanced Flow Engineering filters. Any other suggestions? Keep them coming. I went to look at the block Friday but it still was not back from the machine shop. It is supposed to be ready by Monday. I am not holding my breath. At any rate either way on Monday I will post some more pics as more stuff has come in.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well unfortunately it will be a few more days before the block is ready. So far it has gone through 3 hot dips. Still needs to be blasted, however I was able to get a few pictures and one of my goodies that I have been waiting for finally came in!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well finally got the block back from the machine shop Friday. I didn't get a chance to go by and see it until last night. While I was at the shop I took a few pictures of some other parts that came in. I am still looking for air filter suggestions. I plan to start filing rings for the pistons this weekend. I will also be replacing the valve seals.

The block

Pile O Parts

Equal length turbo manifold

Tail Blowoff valve

Tail Wastegate

Intake plenum

Flywheel

New tensioner to go with the timing belt

Turbo Oil Line Fittings

New Water Pump

New Oil Pump

3" downpipe

Turbo Blanket

New Condenser for AC

·
Registered
432 Posts
great build you got going what kind of throttle body are you going to use?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Right now the plan is to use the stock throttle body with an adapter to keep the ccs. If that doesnt fit I will have to figure something else out. I am open to suggestions if you have any.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Right now the plan is to use the stock throttle body with an adapter to keep the ccs. If that doesnt fit I will have to figure something else out. I am open to suggestions if you have any.
I use a Ross Machine Racing 75mm throttle body and its great

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It has been a while since the last time I posted. Murphy's Law has been trying to hit me up. At any rate I got the valve covers powered coated but they were done the wrong color. Red is not the color of the day. So they will be going back. We got the motor reassembled. I must say the custom alternator does look good on there. I am currently working on rust removal and painting of some odds and ends on the motor (pulleys, bolts, brackets). While working on the motor on the stand we found that the VVTi cam needed to be rebuilt. So that is out and hopefully will be back today. The new radiator and condenser went in. Enginne bay is clean and the motor is in. We still have quite a bit left to do but it is looking good so far. Pictures will be coming soon.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looking forward to more updates, best wishes towards getting her back on the road soon! :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
As promised. Here are the pictures for those who are interested.
Bottom end is all put together

Valve covers are done but they are the wrong color. They were supposed to be a dark copper but they got done red with orange flake. They are going back.

Engine walk around. Not my turbo. It was just for test fitting.

For those of you who are curious what the OEM AC condenser looks like after 170,000+ miles here you go.

and the new one original Denso part.

Out with the old, in with the new.

New Mishimoto Radiator

Motor in the car

That's it for now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks for the encouragement. This has been a long time. It is coming along much slower than I wanted but it is coming.

21 - 40 of 96 Posts