Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm finally boosting my '02 M/T IS 300. I am getting the SRT stage 1 with a custom fabricated oversized intercooler. I am very excited but would like to know what kind of 1/4 mile times to expect with SRT stage 1.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
A stage 1 with intercooler is a stage 2.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. A friend of mine in San Antonio is a fabricator and he is going to build me a custom intercooler. Your right about it really being a stage 2 but I am not upgrading through SRT. My friend is going to get the head gasket and build the intercooler. It will save me money and probably produce more HP. So I'm gathering 1/4 mile times in the mid to low 13's. Sound right?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You're getting a headgasket also put in to reduce compression? If so you're numbers are gonna be lower at 8psi than what was stated. And if you're gonna up boost you're probably gonna have to get the SRT piggyback reprogrammed, I would assume, based on what max psi you want to run at with lower compression.

Any stage 1 should net you mid to high 13's consitently, with an occasional low 13's and low 14's on street tires.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
congrats on your new turbo.
new pimp on the block, and now you will be gettin some nice kills on the street\track.
post it on is300 vs. the world with video(that be nice)
good luck with the installation and let us know about it once its installed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well today we tried to order the SRT stage 1 kit. They said it would be an 8 week wait at least. Hmmm...... No thanks! So now we are gathering parts to build our own kit. So hopefully with any luck I am only looking at 3 weeks to build and install my kit. By the way, does anyone know if SRT uses E-Manage to program their ECU?

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Yep, its a damn piggy back that only they can tune. The best part is you only have to drive many hours there to have it dyno tuned on your car to make sure its ok.

Or get the emanage upgrade if they offer it yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well check this out. My friend has all the software and wire harnesses for the E-Manage set up. He told me that he can reprogram and retune the whole system. What a lucky break! So far it's worked out that I had all the right connecitons to get what I need (so far).

·
Registered
769 Posts
S38 FLY said:
Well check this out. My friend has all the software and wire harnesses for the E-Manage set up. He told me that he can reprogram and retune the whole system. What a lucky break! So far it's worked out that I had all the right connecitons to get what I need (so far).
I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I hope your friend is a tried and true pro with throwing a turbo on the IS. It's not like doing a supra or any of the previous 2jz because of fly by wire. Good luck in your adventure and be sure to keep us updated!

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
S38 FLY said:
So now we are gathering parts to build our own kit. So hopefully with any luck I am only looking at 3 weeks to build and install my kit.
I was gonna comment on this, but the mere mention of it is enough.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
s38: just an idea and i dont know whether this is doable or not, my idea is that to purchase pfs stage 1 kit without its tec3 standalone. theoritically, without the tec3 standalone the cost of pfs stage 1 should be somewhere around $2399 to $3999.

well hell... this probably doesnt make any sense... :oops:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.