Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I FINALLY FOUND ONE!!!

http://www.abtivan.com/obx/obx_camberkits.htm

its the OBX chamber kit. I dont know if they're really good quality but i just placed an order on them. NO MORE TIRE WEARING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i had the 2 Inch drop and my sound system made the rear tires wear even more even with alignment. haha ill tell you how it turns out when i install it. ive found a deal for the front and rear for 45 brand new on ebay. or you can order it from their website ... its around 65 total with shipping for front and rear.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
for the 150th time, the IS300 has a "camber kit" on the car stock. You can adjust it to any degree you want, no need to go buy anything. Any alignment shop can ajust it to what ever you want. I had -1.7, not its -0.5 I had it at 0 but I asked them to keep it at -0.5

·
Registered
769 Posts
I believe the adjustment on the car itself is limited. Mine are maxed out anyway, or says the mechanic who aligned my car.

Let us know if the OBX ones really work.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
danielm said:
for the 150th time, the IS300 has a "camber kit" on the car stock. You can adjust it to any degree you want, no need to go buy anything. Any alignment shop can ajust it to what ever you want. I had -1.7, not its -0.5 I had it at 0 but I asked them to keep it at -0.5

UHHH................ THE REAR TIRES ON THE IS300 DOESNT COME WITH A CHAMBER KIT.... SORRY I DIDNT SPECIFY but i was just talking about the REAR ONES........................... MY REAR TIRES are at MAX alignment and are still a little butterflied.......... AND YEH I HAVE 2.5 INCH DROP AND HAVE A HEAVY ASSS SOUND SYSTEM MAKING IT AROUND 3 INCH DROR TOTAL........ unlike your 1.7 mines 3 double yours. so i do need a chamber adjustment on my REAR TIRES which DOESNT HAVE A CHAMBER KITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
irv_usc said:
yes camber adjustment is limited, especially in the rear.

and yes, camber kits have been around, according to bigdaddyrich TANABE also makes one, and a few other companies.
uuuummmmmmmm Tanabe makes one? I better find out....I got Lsportline 1.45" lowered and the wheel is still on an angle...the front is wearing out real quick on the inside after the alignment...I better do something about it....just got some new Conti Sports Contact so dont wanna ruin them....

Matt

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
craniac24 said:
It's "camber" you fool.....not "chamber". :-?
I'm with Craniac here. What's with all the CAPS and "chamber"

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
frylai said:
irv_usc said:

and yes, camber kits have been around, according to bigdaddyrich TANABE also makes one, and a few other companies.
uuuummmmmmmm Tanabe makes one? I better find out....I got Lsportline 1.45" lowered and the wheel is still on an angle...the front is wearing out real quick on the inside after the alignment...I better do something about it....just got some new Conti Sports Contact so dont wanna ruin them....

Matt
i remember reading a post stating that fact in one of the millions of old camber kit threads... don't know for sure though. if you find anything out, let me know.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
irv_usc said:
frylai said:
irv_usc said:

Matt
I m back to Hong Kong in 2 weeks...so I will get some info over there...they will have more info and they will also have good prices...will check it out and let you guys know....:D

Matt 8)

i remember reading a post stating that fact in one of the millions of old camber kit threads... don't know for sure though. if you find anything out, let me know.

·
Premium Member
8,850 Posts
pplz w/ real coilover don't need to worry about this shiet am i correct?... :-?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Cool.....In found it!!! there are a few available...um will give you guys the link and tell me which one to get...lolz...i m a idiot at this catergory...

Matt 8)

http://www.rd-tanabe.com/english/contmenu.html

then click other parts and go to G-Tec Lateral Rod and Toe Control Arm....

looks like different stuff compare to the above kit, looks more serious...let me know if its gonna work...thanks....

Matt

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
IS300eR said:
coilover only affects height and dampening... camber and toe are still affected by ride height. if your car is dumped you still probably need a camber adjustment kit if you want to save tire life.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
IS300eR said:
Actually, this is true, but not on the IS300. Coilover suspension systems for other cars that use the MacPherson strut design, the Upper pillow mount allows for some camber adjustment. But since our car's are not like that, coilovers or not, the car will suffer from negative camber when lowered. It just depends on how low you want to go. I have mine set at about 1.9 inches roughly. I can fit about 1/4 of a finger in there all around. Front camber and Toe is A-OK, but the rear camber is out of wack no matter what me and alignment tech tried. The Toe is OK though, and after about 1000 miles of driving, i do not see any unusual tire wear. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
8,850 Posts
interesting, but we do have a oem camber kit in the front? not in the back eh?... hmmmmmmmmm :-? ....btw...so if i've more negative camber... does that mean my tire'll rub less w/ the fender? i've my fender cut but still have rubbn' problems sometimes now and then.... :(

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
IS300eR said:
:lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.