Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.stillen.com/sportscars_detail.asp?cat=2&subcat=&id=16272&page=5

found that while browsing for hks damper II coilover prices. lol i cant believe K&N actually made a COLD AIR INTAKE for the is300! i saw couple pictures of is300 with customized cai like that one with a 4 inch cut out hole with the SRT intake... forgot who it was but it was pretty cool but to think i can do this without drilling a 4 inch wide hole! lol but i dont really know how well it performs and if this kind will make us worry about the dreaded hydrolock! -__- ill try to research a little more about it!

if you guys know some about it inform ME!!! its the K&N TYPHOON CAI.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
thats not a CAI its a regular open air intake kit do a search on here u will find pics and go check kn's website

·
8,849 Posts
Save some more money and get SRT intake.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Or save even more money and wait for the Intake systems w/ piggy-back ECU from PLP and TBKO. This requires time though.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
nrkht said:
http://www.stillen.com/sportscars_detail.asp?cat=2&subcat=&id=16272&page=5

found that while browsing for hks damper II coilover prices. lol i cant believe K&N actually made a COLD AIR INTAKE for the is300! i saw couple pictures of is300 with customized cai like that one with a 4 inch cut out hole with the SRT intake... forgot who it was but it was pretty cool but to think i can do this without drilling a 4 inch wide hole! lol but i dont really know how well it performs and if this kind will make us worry about the dreaded hydrolock! -__- ill try to research a little more about it!

if you guys know some about it inform ME!!! its the K&N TYPHOON CAI.
You really are a moron, aren't you? :-?

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
the only way this would be a CAI is if it went straight to the ground and before the header.

·
Registered
457 Posts
CAI

WTF is up with people and cold air intake?

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
its usually due to a lack of knowledge about a specific item, a lack of knowledge in the circle of friends about a specific item and one loud mouthed idiot that decided to buy one, and endlessly raves about the extra (Y * 4) horsepower it gave him. y being the actual horsepower it gives, which is 1 or 2 above a standard intake with the same basic filter design.

see, its the blind leading the blind, and with the age of the internet, now one blind jackass can lead millions back to his sess-pool of stupidity

once you have a million people doing the same thing, then the 10% of this country (approximately 32 million) that is bandwagon tree hugging hippees follow along, and you have have 33 million people singing varying levels of praise about something they know nothing about, unless it has stemmed from that original jackasses mouth. by the time it reaches the outter banks of that 32 million person circle, its been misconstrued so much, who knows what it will evolve to

this is how the altezza taillight virus was started, and now it has even spread to bmw owners and mini van owners (saw an example of each last week)

so, GTE's fable is :
its the blind leading the blind, and with the age of the internet, now one blind jackass can lead millions back to his sess-pool of stupidity

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IM SORRY! lol -___- for my ignorance and stupidity ... just read CAI and assumed it really was CAI -________-

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
don't sweat it, don't believe the hype is all

and that wasn't directed ,directly at you, either

nrkht said:
IM SORRY! lol -___- for my ignorance and stupidity ... just read CAI and assumed it really was CAI -________-

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.