Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outcome \/ \/ \/ Bottom
So I had a couple minor issues with the car that I wanted Santa Monica Lexus take a look at:
sqeeking clutch
sqeeking driver and passenger seats
map light bulb replaced

I took my car in on a Monday....Wed. night went to pick up the car, and nothing was fixed except for the light bulb being replaced :roll: . It was too dark for me to inspect my car there....next morning, I inspect the outside of my car, and see that the front bumper on the drivers side and fender had scrapes on it that looked like it skinned a silver car. I was pissed off, because I was afraid of this happening even before I took the car in.

So i took the car back in the next day and showed it to Faybu the service consultant, and he apologized, and said he will fix it. So, I handed over the keys on Thursday, and was promised the car would be ready by Monday.....Monday I go to pick up my car, and see that the front bumper is fixed, but they for some reason did not fix the front fender! AND now the rear bumper has dents and scratches all over it! So again, I hear a sorry, and the car is taken away from me even before I was able to touch it. I was promised the car would be ready on WED.....I stop by the dealership on WED. night, and Faybu left for the day, so I ask for the number to the body shop......found out its all the way in Marina Del Rey, speak with the owner, he tells me it will be ready Thurs. I call thurs, they tell me, sorry Fri. I call Fri. and they tell me Monday! So at this point I am pissed.....I tell him....listen, I gave you my car for you to FIX, and instead you guys fucked up my car! He says, excuse me sir, if you speak to me like that I will not help you.... :eek: ......He then said what do you not understand.....I told him what do YOU not understand....I am not cussing at you, but at your service and this problem......so I repeat myself again. He hangs up on me. :shame:

My dad and I go to the dealership first thing on Monday morning (today) and throw a fit with the manager of the dealership. Then I get home and called Lexus Corporate....explained the whole situation.....and said sorry....blah blah....I said I belong to a board on the internet thats all about enthusiasts of the IS 300, and WILL let everyone know how bad of a service I got from Santa Monica Lexus. He said he will talk to the manager of the dealership immedieately, couple hours later I get a call from the manager, and he says "you're car is ready sir" .....FINALLY!

I pick up the car....everything looks good except for the fact that my gas tank was FULL when it went in, and now it was COMPLETELY empty, it was under the empty line.

DONT TAKE YOUR CAR TO SANTA MONICA LEXUS

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear about that. I ALWAYS wait for my service (I know that maybe you couldn't wait) because of these reasons. One time I waited more than 4 hours for a regular/scheduled maintanance--and I had a 7:30am APPOINTMENT! If you want someone to look at you car for issues like these, check with Steve at Luxury Motor Works. He is really helpful.

The influence of the internet is huge. A bad rep for a company travels fast. Santa Monica Lexus :bitching:

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
damn thats terrible service
you should have made them do extra stuff to make up for their terrible service
wash and wax, vacuum, new tank of gas, free hat or keychain or something cuase thats pretty damn bad
thanks for the heads up im never going to go there

·
8,849 Posts
Post in the dealers review section of .NET.
It will stay there for a while. :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ask for a free oil change

When things like this happen to me, I make sure to be very specific with what i want. getting mad is okay, but make sure you tell them what you want, specifically. And make sure you are talking to someone who can make decisions: like the manager.

Ask for things like:

I'll wait here while you go fill up my tank.
Mr. Manager, why don't you come with me to the gas station so you can fill up my car.
Hmm, a tank of gas costs me about $60 (or whatever it is), why don't you give me my next service for free? Can I get that in writing...just write it here on my invoice and sign it please.
I'll accept a free Lexus cargo net (or sweatshirt or ball cap or whatever) to make up for the empty gas tank.

Just be firm, polite and don't leave until you get action. Think of it this way, if you went to a burger joint and they gave you a $3.99 cold, uncooked hamburger and cold greasy fries that looked like they fell on the floor... what would you do?

hope this helps

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
how old are you, 16? Sure, the dealership screwed up, but swearing at the guy on the phone isn't going to make them any more likely to help you. But, hey, if you are 16 and driving a lexus i'm sure you're used to being served with a silver spoon and platter and treating people with no respect. My dealership screwed up something one time and instead of yelling at them and demanding they fix it, i politely talked with them and showed them what went wrong and asked them to fix it and they more than made up for it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
did u notify the BBB? :lol:

i hate people who discriminate younger folks who drive a lexus...its such bullshit

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
1) Never get angry or curse on the phone... it won't get you anywhere.
2) Always get the date your car will be ready in writing and if its not met, ask for more (free services, etc)
3) Make friends with the porters/mechanics at the dealership... I always sit and chat for 5-10 mins... they're good guys, and because they know me by name (and I know them) they treat my car like a newborn baby.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I'm not 16, I'm 19, what does that have to do with the way Lexus should treat it's customers?

EVERY SINGLE time they said your car will b ready this date, sorry longer, oh sorry we hit your car, etc... I said "ok" never argued. Literally I let it slide 4-5 times while my car was there. So I couldnt let that pass after that many times of them pushing the date on when my car would be ready.

What is BBB? What can they do?

I AM going to try and get a NEW L-tuned bumper replaced by them. And for sure free gas.

·
Registered
54 Posts
that same thing happend to me at beverly hills lexus.... and i feel bad cuz i told that to simon so i think that is why he went to santa monica...

STAY AWAY FROM BEVERLY HILLS LEXUS!!!!!!!! :pissed:

SAME exact thing happend to me !!!

glad u got it back tho simon, and check ur rotors, and corners on ur car.... cuz they were doing j-turns when this happend to my car, so after cussing the hell out of the manager i got new rotors :chill:

·
Registered
935 Posts
Superman IS 300 said:
No, I'm not 16, I'm 19, what does that have to do with the way Lexus should treat it's customers?
Well you are right, your age should have nothing to do with how the dealer treats you, but your age may have something to do with your behavior and your behavoir has everything to do with how anyone, including your Lexus dealer treats you.

If someone used profanity on the phone in anger to me, regardless to whom it was directed, I too would hang up the phone. I would then put that person at the bottom of my priority list.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
what simon neglected to say in this account is that when he found the car for the 2nd time NOT completely fixed like it was supposed to have been, the Service Mgr was pissed realizing their mistake & was swearing again "at the situation" not at Simon, & at least as bad if not worse language as Simon was using to describe the condition of the car..

Tthere is a big difference if someone used the work "FHuck" Indirectly & focused on a situation or event whatever, with me Vs using it Directly & focused AT me... we are all adults & we all hear this word all the time,... to feign indignancy & offense after using the same if not worse language several days ago WITH and in front of this customer and furthermore causing him understandable inconvenience & frustration due to the lack of proper customer care, understanding & service its just total opportunistic BULLSHIT PERIOD.... Fuckin' Guy!!!! :x

now..... If Simon had said "i brought my Fucking car to you guys for a simple Fucking fix, & it has been over a Fucking week so far & your Fucking mechanics have Fucked it up 2 Fucking times already & have not Fucking fixed it in over 12 Fucking days..."

...then I can see ANYONE getting offended & indignant & hanging up....

this was not the case & the guy was being a straight up Fucking Asshole

( who's flashing Steve Martin in Trains Planes & Automobiles rite now...?)

That being said... the advice on keeping your cool & avoiding the foul language WILL reflect better on you overall...which can affect the outcome while you are basically WAITING A& HOPING they do right by you.... Bite the bullet, Kick the Fucking wall & then Call that customer service number at lexus & BITCH all day about that shitty service...!!

I totally feel ya & that dickhead should have been a bit more understanding of where you were coming from ( especially since they put you there!!) than he showed.

Last words..

FUCK that place... :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
357 Posts
good looking out..i was about to have my 15k service done at santa monica lexus (since it's so close). Looks like i'll be going to luxury motorworks as recommended by a lot of the .netters

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, I recommend Luxury Motorworks as well. I will be taking my car to Steve from now on.

Lexus offered me a $200 voucher towards my next servicing to any dealership. I refused the offer and told them I will NOT be taking my car into ANY Lexus dealership for ANY servicing or anything again.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Superman IS 300 said:
yeah, I recommend Luxury Motorworks as well. I will be taking my car to Steve from now on.

Lexus offered me a $200 voucher towards my next servicing to any dealership. I refused the offer and told them I will NOT be taking my car into ANY Lexus dealership for ANY servicing or anything again.

well that was kinda silly bro... 200 bux towards service later.... you could use it for 10k or 15k etc etc...& go to a good shop like Longo or keyes in Van nuys.. .there ARE good dealers out there...

but you made your point....... :D

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
edgy said:
Superman IS 300 said:

well that was kinda silly bro... 200 bux towards service later.... you could use it for 10k or 15k etc etc...& go to a good shop like Longo or keyes in Van nuys.. .there ARE good dealers out there...

but you made your point....... :D
I was shocked at how they offered me a silly $200 voucher, I just threw it back in their face. Trust me bro, I'm going after something else.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts