Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now listen up, below is an extract of an email from TTE in Cologne please once and for all take note!!!!!! :roll:

"The information about IS430 is a fairytale and it's still a one off which is used for PR campaigns, exhibitions, events etc.
Most probably we will have Katayama-san here in Cologne who is chief engineer for IS at TMC. He is interested to see and drive our baby. Perhaps we can convince him to consider it in future.

Many thanks for your good cooperation and kind regards

******* "

thats it!!!! now stop beliving you saw a "REAL" is430 ( or had one valet parked!!!)

·
8,107 Posts
hmm, if you're right, a dozen car magazines and all their experts have been fooled by one car. It's much easier for me to believe that a bunch of IS300 owners are disbelievers cause they'd feel inadequate if there was a V8 version of their car. 8)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
ckolsen said:
hmm, if you're right, a dozen car magazines and all their experts have been fooled by one car. It's much easier for me to believe that a bunch of IS300 owners are disbelievers cause they'd feel inadequate if there was a V8 version of their car. 8)
All the car magazines have been wrong before.

·
8,107 Posts
When have a dozen magazines shown actual pictures of a car that turned out to be fantasy. I can't think of any cases.

Dernick said:
ckolsen said:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hmm, if Lexus were to sell a mass-produced IS430 (within the next year or so), it would probably retail for around $40,480 (w/o options) and have about 290 horsepower after all is said and done. From a marketing perspective, it would probably be wiser to shelve plans for a V8-powered IS until the next generation GS is produced, to avoid cannibalizing sales of the current GS300s (and possibly GS430s). Of course, they could always chose to produce a few "limited edition" IS430s; however, they'd probably have to charge over $50K for them to recoup R&D as well as tooling costs.8)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
ckolsen said:
When have a dozen magazines shown actual pictures of a car that turned out to be fantasy. I can't think of any cases.

Dernick said:
ckolsen said:
Just go back to and read any car magazine's issues from a bout 4+ years ago. Read about all the 'spy shots' and all the stuff about the cars all the manufacturer's are 'developing'. You'll find many, MANY discrepencies.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
So let me get this straight. A Aftermarket tuner in the UK somehow knows whether or not Lexus plans an IS430?

While im not stating that one will ever exist, I dont see how this is the "final" word in any stretch of the imagination.

I have seen more than the "one" protoype they mention. I believe TTE has no plans of producing such vehicle, however that does not mean that Lexus (what all the car magazines have reported) isnt building their own version without TTE's involvement.

fluff34567 said:
Ok, now listen up, below is an extract of an email from TTE in Cologne please once and for all take note!!!!!! :roll:

"The information about IS430 is a fairytale and it's still a one off which is used for PR campaigns, exhibitions, events etc.
Most probably we will have Katayama-san here in Cologne who is chief engineer for IS at TMC. He is interested to see and drive our baby. Perhaps we can convince him to consider it in future.

******* "

thats it!!!! now stop beliving you saw a "REAL" is430 ( or had one valet parked!!!)

·
Registered
680 Posts
when ever something "may" come out in the future...I'll believe it when I see it.
That goes for a TT IS300, IS430, RSX Type-R, Civic Type-R, WRX STi and any other vehicle we can't get here in the US.
Atleast Toyota did us a favour and gave is the 3.0L instead of the 2.0L inline six.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ummmmmmmmmmm
1. who is the aftermarket UK tuner you are talking about???
2.who manufactures the altezza? - yes thats right!..... Toyota and what is the altezza called outside of japan.....? yes correct again! lexus. now read the 3rd line of that email again. btw TMC is toyota motor corporation.

HoustonLex said:
So let me get this straight. A Aftermarket tuner in the UK somehow knows whether or not Lexus plans an IS430?

While im not stating that one will ever exist, I dont see how this is the "final" word in any stretch of the imagination.

I have seen more than the "one" protoype they mention. I believe TTE has no plans of producing such vehicle, however that does not mean that Lexus (what all the car magazines have reported) isnt building their own version without TTE's involvement.

fluff34567 said:

******* "

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I agree with Houston ...How is this "email extract" the final word? How do we know its the genuine article? Just like Houston, I am not saying that the IS430 is coming for sure, but how can this "email extract" prove that its not?

Furthermore, you expect us to believe the "email extract" that you posted to be more reliable than the magazines that say the IS430 is coming? At least the magazines have more credibility on their side. Yeah, they posted a spy picture, that's why none of us can say that the IS430 is coming for sure, but I believe the magazines more than the "email extract" that you posted. Unless that "email extract" came straight from TTE or from TMC directly to you, that "email extract" can not be considered the truth.

HoustonLex said:

fluff34567 said:

******* "

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
19 Participants
superchargedIS200
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing