Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this should be th elast thread about these headlights. I took the liberty to be the buinea pig and bought these lights since there was so much speculation and comments about them even thought nobody seen them or tried them. I was gonna post a long review but I figured nobody here would read it; they just wanna see the pictures. So instead, I'll just mention key points about them and summarize.

NOTE: This thread is about these headlights ONLY. Please, NO comments about my FMIC! I've already heard enough about it.

Now, onto the gallery...

Here are the lights when they arrived. I chose the chrome housing over the black because I feel they would look more OEM (the black housing do look 'weird', I will admit)

Here is the new and the old side by side

Installation shots

Use your factory ballast for HIDs

Autoleveling motor

One side installed

Closeup of halo rings. Theyre similar to AAC but are enclosed in a glass outer ring.

Now for some lighting

Now for some Q & A:

Q: Does autoleveling work?
A: Yes, There is a spot to fit the motor in. Once installed, the sutoleveling needs to be readjusted.

Q: Are there instructions?
A: Yes, ut the original text is Japanese translated to English so the translation is off. Installation was very easy.

Q: Do I have to assemble anything?
A: No, everything is preasembled and prewired. Even the HID bulbs are included and installed.

Q: What type of HIDs are they?
A: 6000k. Our stock are 4300k. There's a deep bright white with a hint of blue.

Some people might like these. Others won't. But now at least we know how they finally look like on an actual IS. Now you can post your good and ad comments and if you have any questions, feel free to ask or send me a message.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
first off, +rep for doing this!

how is the fitment on the actual car? it's hard to see but are there any gaps? also what do all those 3 little lights do in the bottom? finally does the projector help the light output?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
if possible, can u take a pic of the cut-off line up against a wall? and u said that it came with HID bulbs too!?

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
+ rep for testing these out

They dont look that bad... Still gonna stick with my OEM lights :)

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
those do look good surprisingly, and you needed some new headlights. btw your FMIC is crooked :) . had to

good chose on the chrome because the black ones they do sell look cheaper, custom paint would be the better way to go. what about the 3 LEDs?

+rep

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
The lights honestly don't look that bad. They looked really ricey on ebay. I think because the housing is chrome... the various "trinkets" they added blend in. In the ebay version... because the housing was black... they really stood out and made the lights look crappy.

Btw... weren't the housings supposed to be black?

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Nice job with the photos and instructions but I'm still not a fan of the housings themselves.

·
13,727 Posts
Great work, I cant give you enough rep for this (no really I can't ;) )

They look pretty good, a lot better than they do on ebay. So are you gonna keep them on or what?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Not bad, i also thought they would look horrible.

I would get them if they didnt have the little leds and halos.

Gotta admit they look very clean compared to stock.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Good $h!t dude.

Can you get a pic with the turn signals on?
What are the three little things under the headlights? Do they light up at all?

·
Premium Member
16,050 Posts
not bad, fitment looks fine from what the pictures show.

A cutoff line of the projectors would be great.

If i ever got these, I would disable those horrific halo's.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I don't like em :( good for you for trying them out. not my style

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'll have to admit, a lot nicer than when posted on Ebay. The question is, how do you enjoy them? Are the projectors of good quality, hence cast a nice output on the road compared to stock?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
they look good, not my style, but they do look alot better than the pics they have on eBay,
and just looking out for you, since these are fairly new, i would stamp your pics with your screenname or something, or else maybe the eBay seller might steal them and use them for his/her auction,

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.