Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Very Nice! love the build and progress you have made so far. Love the OEM CF hood- it flows really well... what brand did you go with?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So had a bit of a disaster. The bolts from the bellhousing to transmission (the ones hidden when the trans is installed) came loose. Lets just say things that shouldn't have touched......did :(. Was the only part of the car I didn't touch over the winter. Ended up breaking the input shaft, bell housing, driveshaft and broke the back of my block off. Basically everything broke.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
But...............She is all back together again with a new built motor, a Merlin Cralwer updated R154 and hardened bolts that have lock washers and loc-tite to hold the bellhousing from both sides. Made it to Street Machines and back so far.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wow. I've never liked black is300's until now. Nicely done friend! Sorry about the hard luck with the tranny bolts thats a shame but I can see your car is in good hands like Allstate. lol

I like the degree/angle of the Aerocatch hood pins you installed I think I will do the same with mine. I've been sitting on the for some time now.

I think I can speak for the masses here that we would all like to see some videos, maybe set your phone down and do some pulls on a straight away, sound clips and such. You've got a monster there and we'd like to hear it rawr :) Awesome work! I like the shots with the big brother too :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks! It's coming along nicely after the failure and 6 months in the shop out of the snow. Should have a dyno video next Monday and some numbers. Still running the F10X so we shall see. Hoping for somewhere around 450whp. When Lexi is on the road for the summer I will get some videos.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
So had a bit of a disaster. The bolts from the bellhousing to transmission (the ones hidden when the trans is installed) came loose. Lets just say things that shouldn't have touched......did :(. Was the only part of the car I didn't touch over the winter. Ended up breaking the input shaft, bell housing, driveshaft and broke the back of my block off. Basically everything broke.

Yikes! Nothing came inside passenger compartment at least?

Looks like some good progress since that tragic event...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yikes! Nothing came inside passenger compartment at least?

Looks like some good progress since that tragic event...
No luckily not. Was pretty scary doing 140kph and the trans tries to hit the ground. The shifter actually bruised the palm of my hand when the clutch hit the bell housing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Finally got my Dyno sheet! This was at 15psi. On the street I hit 20psi, but for some reason I was only seeing 15.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Solid build and great looking power through the RPM's! What size turbo is this with? Whatever is it, it has nice early spool, must be fun to drive!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Solid build and great looking power through the RPM's! What size turbo is this with? Whatever is it, it has nice early spool, must be fun to drive!
It's the SRT spec'd Precision turbo from the SRT 2.75 kit. Not sure of it's exact specs, but she spools good and hits hard. I am assuming its a 60+mm maybe a 6262.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The SRT kit comes with a 6266 - 62mm compressor side 66mm turbine side. I'm looking at getting a BW turbo of similar size because I'm looking for moderate power with quick spool - very similar to your set up. Absolutely amazing you are running 15-20 psi with that nice early spool. Got to love the 2JZ!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Finally got my Dyno sheet! This was at 15psi. On the street I hit 20psi, but for some reason I was only seeing 15.

You should ask them for a print out without the solid fill color and the torque + power scaled the same. Looks like two runs, but you can really only see the one run because of the solid fill and then can't quite follow hp+torque either because of the shading. I guess it's 275 ft lbs at 3500rpms and then it hits pretty hard after that? Definite big improvement over stock.

Sometimes dynos don't load the car up the same as the street, depends on gear they used, plus lack of airflow and you'll see less boost. I wouldn't be surprised to see more power on the road from it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You should ask them for a print out without the solid fill color and the torque + power scaled the same. Looks like two runs, but you can really only see the one run because of the solid fill and then can't quite follow hp+torque either because of the shading. I guess it's 275 ft lbs at 3500rpms and then it hits pretty hard after that? Definite big improvement over stock.

Sometimes dynos don't load the car up the same as the street, depends on gear they used, plus lack of airflow and you'll see less boost. I wouldn't be surprised to see more power on the road from it.
Ya she hits nice and hard around 3500rpm. This was a 4th gear pull. I am going back for more fine tuning in the spring and will get a better graph going. They also had ideas for helping the car see 20psi on the dyno. Hopefully we can sort that out at the next go around. There were definitely issues around load. Brake-boosting actually netted me lower numbers as well.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts