Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased this car late last summer. Enjoyed the car for a couple months then pulled her apart. Some of the progress over the winter.

When the car came home. As good as it looks there were many flaws in the paint and body as well as the motor.

When winter hit the car came into the shop for some much needed attention

After the tear down I had many parts powder coated and ceramic coated. Lots of work here as the turbo kit has been on the car since 2008 and was pretty rough.

The Car's body then got some much needed attention

Also had a visit to our shop from a big brother

Time to build the motor. GTE pistons and rods, King Race XP bearings, ARP Bolts and such.

Got some new shoes 18X10.5 in the rear for some extra traction. The new body work with help cover and fit these.

More to come shortly. Hoping to have it running this weekend with some luck.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Coming together real nice! I'm on pause for now until I get my business running :/

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No numbers yet. The car made 330whp last year at 7psi. This year looking to retune to 14psi or so after break in. I would be hoping for around 400whp. Next year with the new standalone and better fuel system I am looking for 600whp on pump. Got the car running last night. Went perfect, primed the oil system and start first try no problem. Runs like a top and feels very eager to go. Definitely going to be hard to drive it nicely for 1000+Kms. I will have updated pics soon from a professional.

·
Registered
352 Posts
No numbers yet. The car made 330whp last year at 7psi. This year looking to retune to 14psi or so after break in. I would be hoping for around 400whp. Next year with the new standalone and better fuel system I am looking for 600whp on pump. Got the car running last night. Went perfect, primed the oil system and start first try no problem. Runs like a top and feels very eager to go. Definitely going to be hard to drive it nicely for 1000+Kms. I will have updated pics soon from a professional.
Break it in hard.

Seriously. After a couple heat cycles, mine saw 12 psi within 10 miles. Within 100, 20 psi.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Break it in hard.

Seriously. After a couple heat cycles, mine saw 12 psi within 10 miles. Within 100, 20 psi.
I was more concerned about the clutch. I am a firm believer in break the motor in how you intend to drive it. I have a Haltech F10X running my setup right now. I would love to run 20psi, but I don't think the old Haltech is up for it. Next year I am getting a new ECU then crank it. Not actually sure what I can achieve from a F10X?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I was more concerned about the clutch. I am a firm believer in break the motor in how you intend to drive it. I have a Haltech F10X running my setup right now. I would love to run 20psi, but I don't think the old Haltech is up for it. Next year I am getting a new ECU then crank it. Not actually sure what I can achieve from a F10X?
Copy that. Take it easy on the clutch for sure. Stupid things are more expensive than a motor build it seems.

Look at Infinity. It's pretty awesome

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Copy that. Take it easy on the clutch for sure. Stupid things are more expensive than a motor build it seems.

Look at Infinity. It's pretty awesome
So many to choose from haha. I am a bit nervous with the F10X, but the budget didn't allow for a computer this year.

·
Registered
352 Posts
So many to choose from haha. I am a bit nervous with the F10X, but the budget didn't allow for a computer this year.
No worries, keep boost sane - switch to e85, then the NA ignition maps are pretty decent even :)

Also, my motor is silver also, nice look.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Now the next question. Right now the car is running 7psi. It is hitting 10:1 A/F pretty much as soon as I get boost. Being that the F10X does not control timing can I just turn up the boost to say 10-12 psi if the A/F ratios stay down in the mid 10s to 11s ? Also no E85 to be had in Canada :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the car to 13psi running 94 octane. A/F is around 10.9. Car pulls very hard! Little nerve racking turning it up, but I think it will be fine. Seen others running this much boost with the stock timing and good A/F ratios.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts