Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at the suggestion of a few people I bought the Joe Z intake. I'm confuised on which filter I shoudl buy however.

Is there going to be a performance difference between the one sold on this site, and say, a K&n?. Whats the best 'bang for the buck' filter that drops right in? I've seen a few people complain about gaps and other people say there is no gap. Also people having to cut or modify their filters to fit.

I'm looking for easy and cheap, but with some gain.

Also, where is even a good place to buy such a filter?

and be easy on me. This is so far my first performance mod ever.. I stop at car audio usually.. ;)

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
Drop-in filters should have no problems with fitment issues. At least mine has no problem.
TRD is not a bad choice. I think I saw a member selling a new BLITZ filter. You might want to try that, too

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are pretty much all opf the more expensive aftermarkets reusable filters? I dont want to have to pay 30 to 50 bucks every time I change my filter.

I live in arizona and the dust here requires heavy filter changing.

·
3,369 Posts
mndfreeze said:
Are pretty much all opf the more expensive aftermarkets reusable filters? I dont want to have to pay 30 to 50 bucks every time I change my filter.

I live in arizona and the dust here requires heavy filter changing.
Then get TRD-USA or K&N. These are rechargeable.

The Blitz is not (although this is what I'm using at the moment), nor is Toms or HKS.

Most of the other aftermarket drop-in filters aren't really worth considering.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I vote for the TRD. Yeah they're a bit more but they're rechargeable and the company that makes our sexy cars get some revenue out of it so they can continue R&D. They fit perfectly and there have been reports of gains. I know I feel good about it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok now where can I pick up a TRD decently cheap? Since I dont work on cars past the audio level, I have no idea where good places are to buy such things.

I dont want to get one at autozone or checker and pay 4 times as much as I could omewhere else..

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
i got an AFE on from ebay...excatly like the TRD, but cheaper. same company i tihnk...

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
The PLP uses a filter cleaning kit and is a life-time filter. It's $68.75 from ProLexPerformance.com

·
Registered
238 Posts
you can go with a k&n filter, i have one of those and very happy with the turnout

1 - 12 of 12 Posts