Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
How much wobble is normal on the factory harmonic balancer?
I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, run-out should be less than a few hundredths of an inch

However there are two dimensions the wobble could occur in, vertical and horizontal. If yours is wobbling, in what direction, and how much?

·
Registered
789 Posts
It is relying on rubber to hold 2 steel parts together, and a belt is pulling on the outer part, so there will be a little movement. However if its a visible wobble i don't think that will be within spec and should probably be returned.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
It is relying on rubber to hold 2 steel parts together, and a belt is pulling on the outer part, so there will be a little movement. However if its a visible wobble i don't think that will be within spec and should probably be returned.
The wobble was only observed from under the car. The serpentine belt looks straight as an arrow from the top.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Registered
789 Posts
A bit hard to tell from the video, i can see the flange wobbling on the last one but cant see if the front is wobbling as well. Does it vibrate if you rev it up?

I'm pretty sure it shouldn't wobble like that though.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Got this one:
Well, the listing is good, but it isn't quite indicative of what you paid. If we assume the current listing price of 34+14 shipped, $48 total, plus maybe taxes is better than the $76 or so I was run. However I believe I needed mine in a timely manner.

The pros of having a daily and a project car

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Well, the listing is good, but it isn't quite indicative of what you paid. If we assume the current listing price of 34+14 shipped, $48 total, plus maybe taxes is better than the $76 or so I was run. However I believe I needed mine in a timely manner.

The pros of having a daily and a project car
$48 delivered to my house in 2 days from Dubai... FedEx International Express

41 - 57 of 57 Posts