Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Reaching out to any other owners who have the Figs/PPE long tube headers. I just purchased a set used for my car. Such a high quality item, but I'm having trouble with one last piece of the install.

There is clearly an arm+bracket welded to the y-pipe for stabilization. The stock system has one too but bolts up to where the flange is from the stock header to y-pipe. This one is much further back.

Does anyone have any thoughts about how this should be mounted to the car? I don't yet have a picture of my car but I do have these two pictures from the internet. The first one is an automatic transmission right? So I'm wondering if maybe it was designed with the auto trans in mind.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Got an email out to them. Would still like to see if anyone here has been clever because I think the answer is going to be fab my own bracket. Here are some better pictures I took tonight.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you suggested the guys at ppe and figs came through. Designed on an auto car so there is currently no good way to mount it on a manual car. Will update things here if I come up with something clever.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Thanks. Got an email out to them. Would still like to see if anyone here has been clever because I think the answer is going to be fab my own bracket. Here are some better pictures I took tonight. View attachment 133252 View attachment 133253
Looking at it. I would just come off the tranny cross member. Do not stiff mount. I would do a right angle bracket with a hole in it. You can buy universal vibration insulators. They come in different diameters and thickness. They can have studs coming out or be threaded. That would be easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts