Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be a place to put all of my pictures from the event.

Well we ran a #25hrsOfThunderhill successful race and finished. We overcame so many obstacles including manufacturing our own brake pads for both OEM brakes. The front BBK was destroyed when the pads were run to the backing plate and got so hot that the pistons pierced the backing plate (more pics on that later). It was not a perfect race but we found a strategy that worked well and conserved resourced to allow a finish. We actually finished in 7th so even though we were way behind after some major pit work we were gaining ground. Our car was hit 3 times through the night and we had to do emergency repairs several times. I was not planning on working but had to step in to get VSC disabled, sport mode enabled and in the final moments re-tap a factory front caliper that was 500 degrees because the bolt fouled when we were swapping a sheared wheel stud. Thanks Mark Mcmanus Race Car Driver at N1 Racing for the opportunity to work on this team and to hopefully prove the capabilities of a Lexus in competitive motorsports. The IS300 would have set pole in out class with a 1:59 but due to the increased G's we suspect it had oil starvation issues. Outstanding experience that I will remember for years to come. Our front LCA rear bearing mounts stood up the entire race and unfortunately due to the front spring size we could not run our upper control arms. Great testing, great team and thanks to Lexus for providing all the food that kept my brain working for 2 straight days with little sleep.

Our official result

36th overall 527 Total laps 7th in class.

IS300 CAGE

IS300 block hole from side.

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congrats!

so you would have run the IS300 but it had oil starvation issues? how come?
It ran practice and due to the new G forces, we suspect it cavitated. There was a hole in the side of the block and the upper oil pan. You should see straight through it. It ran an easy 1:59 which to put in perspective, the Lexus CCS-R with the new 455HP motor ran a 1:52 best. The drivers felt like it had another 2 seconds on the table. It will be a beast next year when it gets the accusump setup.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Nice, the only street driven IS300 I remember running 18s with 255s was TeckIS- being TeckIS is was proper too, no rubbing, no nuances.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts