Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice Fig. Lookin good.

I need something like a PLP foot panel cause i gotta hide my ECU behind it. Got anything in the works?
I am in the process of making such a thing for the pass side. It should have a cubby hole behind it. send me dimensions and I can make sure that is part of the design specs.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I am in the process of making such a thing for the pass side. It should have a cubby hole behind it. send me dimensions and I can make sure that is part of the design specs.
I'll measure tonight.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
out of curiosity, why is the "F" on the left under the brake pedal? isnt most of the floor mat wear underneath the throttle pedal? i think it might look better with the "F" on the right side. and i like lextasy's inputs on how to match it up with the stock pedals better. looks really good though.

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The F logo is on the left because it serves as a pivot point for those with that elusive third pedal. The flared areas protect as well as give traction and leverage for the gas pedal. I wanted pedal work on the gas/brake and brake clutch to be smooth and uncumbersome while still offering wear protection and grip. Normally you would never drive with two feet on the gas, brake, but there are cases ;)

Fig

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Hmmm, now I don't know which one I like more. That second set of pictures looks really good you posted FIGS. I thought I was all about the anodized ones and now I'm thinking the other ones look pretty nice.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
looks good to me.......don't listen to ill roller about it being cheap his front bumper doesn't even match his car................i'm still waiting on that "oh shit" plate
Yeah, don't listen to me because I couldn't get my car to my paint guy until next week, that makes perfect sense... You're not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
The ECU dimensions. I forgot to post it:
1 and 3/8 thick
7.5 wide
9.25 long.

I'd tack on 1/8 to 1/4 just in case.
Keeping in mind that on the top of the ECU wires are coming in so there needs to be some space for the wires to bend.

·
THE MAKER
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The ECU dimensions. I forgot to post it:
1 and 3/8 thick
7.5 wide
9.25 long.

I'd tack on 1/8 to 1/4 just in case.
Keeping in mind that on the top of the ECU wires are coming in so there needs to be some space for the wires to bend.
I am sure I can look, but is the wiring on the 7.5" side or the 9.25" side? I think I can make this work and give the wiring plenty of bend radius.

Fig

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also... the ones in the top pictures look like they have a nice silver finish, but the pic of the one in the car looks like it's freshly machined... Which sorry to say, may be the reason you're getting "it looks cheesy" complaints. When I looked at the first picture, i couldn't tell the size and the finish looked great. but the pic of it mounted looks entirely different...

My $0.02[/QUOTE]

Thats it the ones that are in the car are way to bright "cheesy" looking

·
Technical Poseur
23,313 Posts
I like it....but as I told you I'm concerned about wet traction. Would it be possible to machine in a miniature grippy pyramid patch like the handle of a ratchet wrench? I personally think that would be a very good suggestion but you arent one to listen to me only call my weather a gaping angry bleeding vagina lol

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
^skateboard grip tape. cut any shape or size you want and stick. thats what i plan to do if the raised area aroudn the holes cause and wet slippage.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I am sure I can look, but is the wiring on the 7.5" side or the 9.25" side? I think I can make this work and give the wiring plenty of bend radius.

Fig
The wires on the 7.5" side

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
I am looking into pedals to match for an entire package.
I would buy that package. :approve:

I'm likely buying the floor plate to compliment the brand new floor mats and 3rd pedal.
Without matching pedals available might as well paint the stock ones black :nerd:

Curious how black the anodize is. I've seen a lot of shades of black aluminum over the years and some look almost gray. Like the back of an older iPhone... but others appear black as night in all light.

Is satin powdercoating maybe an option?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts