Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a community, now is our chance to show we are not "haters" and are in desperate need for this. They have served the GS community well and NOW we shall have the same opportunity if there are enough people that care.

You know the Slop that you get in the steering wheel when driving at highway speeds? Well, in most cases this is due to the rubber softening over the years of constant use. Just like the lower control arm bushings the steering rack bushings need to be replaced as well. Do some research on the ones Daizen created for the GS market. Everyone swears by them. The only option we have at the moment for this application is to either buy a new rack ($$$$$) and install it or buy TRD bushings from Japan. Correct me if I am wrong but I have been researching this for a while and those are the only two options have come across.

If you are familiar with the company Daizen, this product has been in the development stages for years. They have been making them for the GS community for years. I wanted to follow up with them to see what I could figure out. Everyone here wants to try the GS bushings to see if they will fit the IS but no one has yet because it has been said that the dimensions are different. Smart, that's why I didn't waste my money too. I have run into a bunch of people who are in need of a solution. Here is your chance to make it happen. Although I never asked FIG on here but I bet he could make one too. Anyhow someone needs to start producing because the need is here in this market. Someone capitalize off it. If I had a shop I would make them. Here is what I asked the company and their response:
Me -
I have inquired a couple of times on the IS300 Steering rack bushing kit. It has been in development for some time now and still nothing. Are you all going to finish this product? If so I have a whole forum that needs this. I have been personally waiting a year and some have been waiting for a couple of years. Please let me know what the story is with this and why it has been in production for so long.

Thank you for your time,

Trent Favor

Their response:

Mr. Favor,

We have not had much luck with the IS market. It seems to be flooded with juvenile people who have nothing better to do than to destroy a product’s image in the marketplace when they don’t agree with it or the brand. These self-proclaimed experts and pseudo engineers seem to have all of the time in the world to sit at their keyboards and dispense their godly information, and for some reason this only seems to be the case with the IS, and none of the other Lexus models, as we have healthy sales and support from customers with all of the other Lexus models that we offer parts for. As you can see, this kind of behavior really does have a tangible and detrimental effect on those who truly want and can benefit from the product – so the “haters” truly ruin the game for everyone who wants to play. And the sad thing is, they don’t even gain anything themselves – they simply make the world a more miserable place. In this economy, there is no need for any more misery for anyone. In any case, as you probably know, any company that sells anything, no matter what the industry, must be able to ensure that they will make money, not lose money.

If you are sure that there would be a decent flow of sales on this product, we would probably decide to finalize it, but for now we had decided not to pursue it, due to the fact that we would probably not be able to recoup the development and tooling costs due to poor sales numbers. Same issue with the control arm bushing kits as well.

Please let us know your thoughts on this, as we would be very interested to hear what you have to say. If you could support your statements with actual data, that would be even better.

Thank you for your time and your interest in our products.

Daizen Sport Tuning

SO LETS SHOW THEM THAT WOULD BE SMART AN THE IS COMMUNITY IS NOT DEAD!!!!!

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN MODS! LETS GET SOMEONE REPUTABLE TO BUILD THE POLY BUSHING WE NEED MOST.:bigSmile:

Please post with your name so we can get this project going with someone at least.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, well that's Great!!!! Then lets all support FIG and light a fire under his booty! Just playin FIG but hey when is the release date? Let us know! Thanks TOM! WOW so now we have almost 4 options. Three is all I need if FIG does make it happen.

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
I'm up for a set from Daizen and I know they have quality stuff. Please give the Daizen the following advice...they should drink as much liquor as possible and hopefully all the alcohol will kill the bug that has crawled up their ass! :lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did inquire about the "bashings" they had received and this is the response I got:

Mr. Favor,

The IS is the same chassis as a GS, just shrunken down. It has the same problems as the GS which we have investigated and researched thoroughly. We had developed sway bars for the IS chassis, and while those sold well for the other models, the IS crowd did not receive them well, although they are clearly some of the best on the market. With that, we decided not to bother with that crowd anymore, as it was not worth the effort to try to overcome the keyboard mechanics who have nothing but time on their hands to bash away, especially at items that perceive to threaten their precious TRD brand (let alone any other brand that they feel is awesome at that moment in time).

These “brand boys” as we call them, are similar to high school cliques, both in their mentality and behavior. In the real business world where real dollars are at stake, it is ridiculous at best to put real money in a place that could be significantly affected by immature behavior such as this. These people do not leave something alone if they don’t like it or don’t want it, instead they go out of their way to undermine or destroy it. This is a very malicious phenomenon, and definitely something we do not have time for.

Any product we bring to market is a good product. Otherwise we wouldn’t bother to develop it. We don’t make crap, and we design things properly. We don’t make things to make a quick buck, and we don’t do anything to win any popularity contests (this is where most companies fall into). At best, if someone does not want our product, it is because that is not what they want, not because it is crappy. Anyone who has true design knowledge and capabilities should have no problem agreeing that our products are designed properly, and are some of the best out there when compared to the competition. Anyone who says our stuff is “no good” because “blah blah blah” most likely has no idea what they are talking about, but the internet sure gives them a tall soap box and a level playing field of authority to preach their wisdom.

We are going to go ahead with this steering rack bushing project, as you seem to be pretty straightforward with what you are saying. We do agree that the IS market is large, and we would truly like to believe that the IS is a viable market, and hopefully that holds true.

We will keep you posted as to the progress of this, and hopefully this benefits everyone involved.

Thank you

Daizen Sport Tuning

I guess we will see what happens... I am so glad that we have people acknowledging the issue and two companies are on a fix. I just want the fix like others on this site. I hope my efforts have helped the community. Someone needs to capitalize off this. May the best make more money. I will keep everyone interested posted on my future findings in all companies willing to support a resolution to this issue.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm up for a set from Daizen and I know they have quality stuff. Please give the Daizen the following advice...they should drink as much liquor as possible and hopefully all the alcohol will kill the bug that has crawled up their ass! :lol:
That's funny because I have only read positive information on the company. I wonder where all the bashing came from? I know our community will treat them better. The only bashing on here I see is about products on ebay. No label products that also have served some well. I hope we just end the issue at hand and get our cars flying straight.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I and several of my friends will be down for these bushings. Daizen makes top quality products. I think the tech from Daizen is referring to the old times on these boards, during the is300gte times. A lot of those guys are gone now.

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
Those are some interesting statements from Daizen. I can kinda understand what they are saying... but there are plenty of people tho who do enjoy their cars tho... and aren't on here because they have nothing better to do... and just wanna cause drama. Also surprising to hear them say they only have this problem with the Lexus IS crowd?!?!? :suspiciou

How many people do Daizen need committed to the project to actually bring these bushings to market?

Also... what issues are associated directly with the steering rack bushings? I just got lower control arm bushings 1 & 2... and will get them installed over the next week or so. I'll see how much sloppiness is still there... but I don't know what exactly a worn steering rack bushing causes?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Taken from the Daizen Site:

OEM performance shortcomings:

Factory rubber bushings deteriorate over time, and degrade your IS' driving stability and performance - and even your safety. Daizen Sport Tuning steering rack, OEM sway bar and control arm bushing kits restore your suspension's solid, sure footed handling. Some of the more significant problems are as follows:

* 2001-2005 IS300 - Susceptible to an "invisible" failure of the front lower control arm bushing (#2 lower control arm), most commonly indicated by excessive tire wear and wandering at highway speeds

* 2001-2005 IS300 - "Softening" of the drivers side steering rack bushings, resulting in sloppy steering, and unstable centering at higher speeds.

My experience has led me to believe that the bushings soften and allow for excessive play. You almost feel like you are floating at highways speeds because of the slag in the steering. I replace lower ball joints, #1 & 2 LCA bushings, and struts. I still have the float feel but not as bad. They all need replacing after a while to get that new feel in steering back. I am a fan of responsive steering. A lot of us experience this and need a fix. That's why Engineers are now working at a better alternative. Read around and you will see peoples complaints.

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
That's funny because I have only read positive information on the company. I wonder where all the bashing came from? I know our community will treat them better. The only bashing on here I see is about products on ebay. No label products that also have served some well. I hope we just end the issue at hand and get our cars flying straight.
You miss my point. I know that Daizen makes great products, I just thought the guy had a real attitude as if he knows the IS community. Just seemed a little on the edge.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You miss my point. I know that Daizen makes great products, I just thought the guy had a real attitude as if he knows the IS community. Just seemed a little on the edge.
No, I got it. That's why it was funny but I guess there were some guys a while back that gave the IS community a bad name. I really don't care about the attitude. I am just happy we have some great engineers working on this. Both Figs and Daizen have a proven track record. I say let's keep the past in the past and act like adults. Like your point and it does come off that way.

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
Understand. I always wanted to get a set of the Daizen sways and I found out about them from the SELOC website (South Eastern Lexus Owners Club). A number of their members had them and Daizen is also VERY popular on CL.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
In response to why their sways never took off:

There are plenty of sway options for the IS300 and they priced themselves out of the market.

When most of your competitors products are almost $200 cheaper than yours you need to either reduce your price, or show some evidence to justify the price.

I'm not 'hating on them' or saying they make a bad product in anyway. If they cost $300 I bet most of the IS community would be running them.

·
Premium Member
23,141 Posts
Exactly, the TRD Yellows are I THINK the most expensive sways for an IS at $450-500. HOWEVER for that price you get OEM Fit,finish, reliability plus I THINK the thickest (or close to) bars on the market. Same with the TRD/L-Tuned Reds, $300 and similar quality just a less stiff set of bars.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great, I am glad we understand their sways are expensive. They built a product that they deemed to be worth that amount. That's their purgative. Why is there a need to bash? Just don't buy it if you don't like it.

However, there are not any multiples of companies producing the steering rack bushing kit that we can install ourselves to avoid pulling out a whole rack and spending 400.00 in parts an labor. So one product you don't agree on, but what about a different product they manufacture like the steering rack bushing kits that priced for $50.00 or so on the GS?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

There are plenty of sway options for the IS300 and they priced themselves out of the market.

When most of your competitors products are almost $200 cheaper than yours you need to either reduce your price, or show some evidence to justify the price.

I'm not 'hating on them' or saying they make a bad product in anyway. If they cost $300 I bet most of the IS community would be running them.
I appreciate your approach in addressing your opinion to the sway bars they manufactured. I think it would be safe to say that most agree with what you said. Thanks for not "hating." Others can get carried away and post their opinions as facts.

Let's all try to stay on topic, no bashing or debating on manufacturers business practices. This post is to motivate the companies that have begun production to continue to do so based on the IS community's need for a replacement part with an easy install. Opinions on design and ease of use are appreciated.

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts

I guess the same can be said for PIAA HID bulbs. Their Super Cobalt D2R/D2S 6600K goes for $400.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.