Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So coming up on the year mark for my exhaust devlopment( uggh) But finally will start making some valance concepts and want to solicit feedback. I have gone through learning how to import the 3D scan textured into CAD and play with surfaces to get what I wanted. This is the first concept and I will start trickling more out, for example some more radical designs, hard edges etc. Feel free to weigh in and shape (quite literally) this product. Now these are very much free thought ideas and the final profile will have a more structured lip profile as well as the cleanist blending to the bumper surface as possible. I will keep updated as this takes shape. Also keep in mind that I want to divert air across the exhaust to create vacuum, so I will be playing with more concepts that focus in on this idea.

first cut...very generic shapes

·
Registered
2 Posts
So coming up on the year mark for my exhaust devlopment( uggh) But finally will start making some valance concepts and want to solicit feedback. I have gone through learning how to import the 3D scan textured into CAD and play with surfaces to get what I wanted. This is the first concept and I will start trickling more out, for example some more radical designs, hard edges etc. Feel free to weigh in and shape (quite literally) this product. Now these are very much free thought ideas and the final profile will have a more structured lip profile as well as the cleanist blending to the bumper surface as possible. I will keep updated as this takes shape. Also keep in mind that I want to divert air across the exhaust to create vacuum, so I will be playing with more concepts that focus in on this idea.

that third one is mint

·
Registered
111 Posts
that third one is mint
Personally, I think I would rather see some kind of plate (carbon is fine) butt up against the exhaust and either leave the bottom completely open with some kind of cool design, or completely surround the pipe tip. The open air does not look good what so ever in my opinion. See what you can work up and show some pics... maybe? LOL..

·
Vendor
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally, I think I would rather see some kind of plate (carbon is fine) butt up against the exhaust and either leave the bottom completely open with some kind of cool design, or completely surround the pipe tip. The open air does not look good what so ever in my opinion. See what you can work up and show some pics... maybe? LOL..
The purpose of the closed bottom though is what will collect air that will draft past the exhaust and create vacuum. Also I cannot get too close to the tip as tolerance and vibration would cause it to rub. Also the bumper already has the loop on the bottom, so unless you want to cut the section out, then its not going to look good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.