Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Finish First in the mail 2 weeks ago. I had been reading the posts about how to apply it. I washed the car well, applied it and waited 24 hours before removing it. The removal was easy with clean virgin cotton cloth (I used 2 actually). It looked very good, but I had no direct sun at the time. After seeing the car in the sun, I noticed that there are now very fine swirl marks all over the car. I know it is not from the wash because I have been hand washing it for weeks. I suspect that the swirls happened when I removed the FF. Did I do something wrong? any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
344 Posts
You can still get swirl marks even if you hand wash your car. All it takes is for a little bit of dirt to get on your sponge, towel, or chamois during the washing/drying process. Make sure you wash all your towels and sponge before you wash with it again to get all the gritty stuff off of them.

[This message has been edited by gmej (edited January 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hurricane where and how did you get your Finish First, I am searching.

------------------
Proud owner of a SOLAR IS 300, 2001
2000 yellow Ducati
Miami,FL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Solar420
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing