Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats sup guys, i have a few questions;

1) is there any special way to change ur taillight turn signal bulbs? my friend told me it would b more difficult to do it on my car then it was on his, is he wrong? how exactly is it done?

2)why are tailights harder to paint then headlights? i have a friend who says it should b done the same,but on these forums it seems like no one has done it yet, but instead buying black chrome tails.

3)i know a group of people who have done a good job painting civic tailights black. they do lots of custom work. considering that they have knowledge and experiance, my question is should i trust them to paint my tailights, would it be the same?

- any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
ken

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
SexMyLex said:
1) is there any special way to change ur taillight turn signal bulbs? my friend told me it would b more difficult to do it on my car then it was on his, is he wrong? how exactly is it done?
The tail light turn signal "bulbs" are actually expoxied into the taillight assembly. They are impossible to take out.

2)why are tailights harder to paint then headlights? i have a friend who says it should b done the same,but on these forums it seems like no one has done it yet, but instead buying black chrome tails.
The paint is an epoxy paint and is will resist painting.

3)i know a group of people who have done a good job painting civic tailights black. they do lots of custom work. considering that they have knowledge and experiance, my question is should i trust them to paint my tailights, would it be the same?
You could also have civic guys do your engine work, but if you wanna drive your car the next day, I'd suggest against it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SophieSleeps said:
You could also have civic guys do your engine work, but if you wanna drive your car the next day, I'd suggest against it.
Thanks for the info sophie, but the group im talking about actually have their own body shop with a good local rep. not just "civic guys." i wouldnt dare let any civic guy touch my engine bay, f that.

btw, are u sure its impossible to change the bulbs? because my friend says his friend turned his amber bulbs to red, or is there a way to make the light appear red without changing bulbs?

thnx
ken

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
SexMyLex said:
There is a tutorial on how to change the tail lights on the home page. Use that.

They are glued together with fine glue, not a sticky adhesive glue. It's hard to take apart. A few have done it. Many have tried and cracked them. DO NOT put them in the oven.

They can try, but they're not the same.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
SexMyLex said:
big thanx

ken
aint no thang...and not to be a pain, but if you don't search for this info.
You'll get flamed more than a gay guy at a clan bake.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
being honest, i actually do multiple searches before asking questions about a subject because i've been reading these forums long enough to realize that some members seem to love flaming and saying "do a search." and its either i get sidetracked by reading all the (non-related)interesting things the search actually gives me, or i get tired of seeing all the crap that has absolutely nothing with what im looking for. so i figure its just easier to ask. but i never knew there was a "columns" section on the home page that provides many "how tos", so thanks for pointing that out.

sorry if i seem kind of ignorant but im still pretty new to my car and cars in general but im picking up slowly. from reading the how-to of changing the jdm tails, by removing the taillight out of its fixture u expose the bulb and can easily swap it correct?

ken

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
SexMyLex said:
being honest, i actually do multiple searches before asking questions about a subject because i've been reading these forums long enough to realize that some members seem to love flaming and saying "do a search." and its either i get sidetracked by reading all the (non-related)interesting things the search actually gives me, or i get tired of seeing all the crap that has absolutely nothing with what im looking for. so i figure its just easier to ask. but i never knew there was a "columns" section on the home page that provides many "how tos", so thanks for pointing that out.

sorry if i seem kind of ignorant but im still pretty new to my car and cars in general but im picking up slowly. from reading the how-to of changing the jdm tails, by removing the taillight out of its fixture u expose the bulb and can easily swap it correct?

ken
Oh jeez that was too long. Can you summarize? Where's Trov when you need him.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SophieSleeps said:
SexMyLex said:

ken
Oh jeez that was too long. Can you summarize? Where's Trov when you need him.
:lol: SUMMARIZED = by removing the taillight out of its fixture u expose the bulb and can easily swap it correct?

the rest that u didnt feel like reading is for those who feel they have the need to flame. :wink:

ken

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
SexMyLex said:
:lol: SUMMARIZED = by removing the taillight out of its fixture u expose the bulb and can easily swap it correct?
ken

when the tail light is out, twist and pull the bulb out. It's like jerking off, just doesn't involve as much lube. Well, i guess it depends on how you do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts