Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i originally posted this thread in the wheels and tires forum but was suggested to move it here. so here it is, i need to get my fenders rolled and possibly pulled. i found a rolling tool on tirerack.com that is $259

its a bit pricy for my taste and was wondering if there's anyone local in the socal area that has one. i heard that with a heat gun and a couple hours that this thing works out great without chipping paint if done correctly. i'm only looking to roll my fenders but if that still doesn't solve my rubbing in the rear then i'll go for pulling. but if anyone knows of any body shops that does some good work on fenders please pass the info. i live in chino hills, 909 area code and i'm about 25 minutes away from the 714 area. please help because i dont want to take the ghetto route of using a baseball bat and a hair dryer. thank guys and +rep for any info.

p.s. i'll most likely be at the chino hills meet at chili's tmw night so look out for my IBP. :)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
80 bucks at discount tires and they will shave your fenders professionally.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
80 bucks at discount tires and they will shave your fenders professionally.
just what he said, i want to know which discount tires you're talking about. i tried calling America's Tires today (Discount Tires new name as i thought) and they said they don't do that kind of work. i called the Chino and Chino Hills ones since they are in my area, if this discount tires you're talking about is somewhere else please provide info so i can get my fenders done :) thanks.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I think he is talking about the discount tires in El Monte.

I heard that status auto do fender shaving for 20 bucks.
Status Auto Design

1402 Pacific Coast Hwy. Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
Telephone: (310) 937-8382

I heard that from a guy on club lexus, they charge him $20 to shave his IS350's fender.

I actually wanna pay them a visit, because I am still rubbing for some reason....

Wheel supply will do fender rolling, but they charge a lot.

There is a guy that is pretty well known in the s2000 forum, he located in S.D. and I heard that he did a great job on fender rolling. And his charge is reasonable!

I just fucked up my fender...LOL
haha

Remember to find a person who knows what he is doing to do it for you!!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Yep the one in el monte by the valley mall. It's on Santa Anita and Valley Blvd.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
i prefer rolling vs shaving. joji at wheelchoice offers this service. hes located in signal hill, ca. but by appointment only.

New Page 1
3190 e. willow street
signal hill, ca 90755.
tel: (714) 608-7322

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Status will roll or shave them but its like 40 or 60$. I had some bad experience with them though.

I think he is talking about the discount tires in El Monte.

I heard that status auto do fender shaving for 20 bucks.
Status Auto Design

1402 Pacific Coast Hwy. Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
Telephone: (310) 937-8382

I heard that from a guy on club lexus, they charge him $20 to shave his IS350's fender.

I actually wanna pay them a visit, because I am still rubbing for some reason....

Wheel supply will do fender rolling, but they charge a lot.

There is a guy that is pretty well known in the s2000 forum, he located in S.D. and I heard that he did a great job on fender rolling. And his charge is reasonable!

I just fucked up my fender...LOL
haha

Remember to find a person who knows what he is doing to do it for you!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nigelll, if you pay auto design a visit let me know. i just did fuck up my left front fender last night too:pissed:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can you guys pass the info on this guy in san diego, because i'll surely ask him to come out here to me and i'll pay for the gas, food, and labor.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nigelll, if you pay auto design a visit let me know. i just did fuck up my left front fender last night too:pissed:
I am curious as to how exactly the fender is messed up. Is the damage visible from the outside looking at it? Do you need a new fender or repaint etc...?

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
If anybody needs fenders or even pulled, I can do it.

I will also help with figureing out tire sizing. From huge meaty tires to extreme stretch.

Let me know. I'm located in the San Francisco bay area.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I will do the same retal agreements at the ebay seller.

But you can help out a local/trusted IS member.

=P

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
sooo........ i need to get my fenders rolled soon.......
everyone is saying rolling>shaving
so any place in the LA area that can roll it? i really don't wanna do it with a bat
like this guy
YouTube - diy fender rolling

1 - 20 of 35 Posts