Registered
3,591 Posts
That thing is diesel! Very nice!!!!

Reactions: ItalynStylion

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Nice, I need a new amp also. My JL 300/4 fail on me =[
It has a bad RCA output. It has some unclear noise in cold weather, but the problem will gone in 5 - 10 mins after I started my car.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
looks great, I can't wait to see it installed.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Damn u. U made me get one too! So broke .....

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice, I need a new amp also. My JL 300/4 fail on me =[
It has a bad RCA output. It has some unclear noise in cold weather, but the problem will gone in 5 - 10 mins after I started my car.
Damn bro that sucks...is it covered under warranty? It's at least worth giving JL a shout.

Damn u. U made me get one too! So broke .....
Now we're blood brothers :lol:

After I get out of Organizational Management today the GF and I are going home to build a quick amp rack for it and install it. Initially, I'm just going to hook up the Focals to channels 1and2 which will send 100RMS to each set. I'm going to parallel all 4 Tang Band subs to 1ohm so I can get 600RMS from the sub channel. I think the subs are going to have a field day with it. Before they were getting 75RMS each but now they will be getting double that :cool:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Initially, I'm just going to hook up the Focals to channels 1and2 which will send 100RMS to each set.
that should be a good idea. it's going to take some re-wiring to get them active and 100 watts to each driver is quite a lot (unless are the drivers individually 8 ohms?).

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that should be a good idea. it's going to take some re-wiring to get them active and 100 watts to each driver is quite a lot (unless are the drivers individually 8 ohms?).
Exactly what my thinking was. I need to buy myself a volt meter....yep I admit it, I don't own one :blush:

When I pick one up I'll test the resistance of each driver. It's more tuning than I can get done in a few days anyways so it's just not going to happen. There is an SQ comp on Sunday so I just want to get it operational.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Damn nice piece of equipment. Good luck with the install.
Can you point me to some pics of your current setup?

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn nice piece of equipment. Good luck with the install.
Can you point me to some pics of your current setup?
See the sig for current setup specs....the PPI amp is for sale actually

Here are some pics of the setup...

(clear pic of the amp before the subs went in)

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Nice. I have seen these before, I just didn't make the correlation that it was your setup. I take it the white down tube is more of a stand to work around the "trunk hump" and not a port of some kind since your sig says sealed enclosure. Does a sealed enclosure or would a ported work better in the trunk? Congratulations on your wins.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Damn bro that sucks...is it covered under warranty? It's at least worth giving JL a shout.

Now we're blood brothers :lol:

After I get out of Organizational Management today the GF and I are going home to build a quick amp rack for it and install it. Initially, I'm just going to hook up the Focals to channels 1and2 which will send 100RMS to each set. I'm going to parallel all 4 Tang Band subs to 1ohm so I can get 600RMS from the sub channel. I think the subs are going to have a field day with it. Before they were getting 75RMS each but now they will be getting double that :cool:
Man, your gf is so supportive! You luck dog!

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice. I have seen these before, I just didn't make the correlation that it was your setup. I take it the white down tube is more of a stand to work around the "trunk hump" and not a port of some kind since your sig says sealed enclosure. Does a sealed enclosure or would a ported work better in the trunk? Congratulations on your wins.
That white foam cylinder is actually a thing I use to stretch before running. It put it there just so it doesn't roll around in the trunk and make noise. It just happened to be the perfect fit for that spot.

Both work well in a trunk but a ported enclosure is louder than a sealed enclosure...wherever it is

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
That white foam cylinder is actually a thing I use to stretch before running. It put it there just so it doesn't roll around in the trunk and make noise. It just happened to be the perfect fit for that spot.

Both work well in a trunk but a ported enclosure is louder than a sealed enclosure...wherever it is
gotcha, I thought it was part of the setup by the way the pic was snapped.

I guess I have always had better luck with the ported but it may have been the build of the box that I was using and the airspace needed.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
ItalynStylion are you running rear speakers in your setup?

I want to upgrade my speakers this spring, wondering if I can avoid doing the rears since it probably will be a pain in the ass a little.

If I just did the fronts and a sub I could grab a small 4 chan amp that would fit nicely in the trunk. I want to mount it on the back of the trunk but not cover the ski pass since I ski :)

I want to keep trunk space, SQ is more important than volume.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts