Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So finally after close to 6 months of waiting they finally arrived!!!!

Some how it took me 3 hours to take the old ones off and put on the new ones, not 45 minutes. I put teflon tape on the bar and absolutely loaded the bushings with grease. They're amazing!! I can now go around turns at least 20 faster and body roll has significantly improved!!! Nice bang for the bucks!

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Did you have stock ones prior?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Why are people so crazy over TRD yellow? I heard they only offer +50% stiffer front and +100% stiffer in the rear. While hotchkis offer +56/61% front and +144/227% rear. Why are TRD yellow worth the $500+ price tag over $350 hotchkis.

I even read this: http://my.is/forums/f51/review-hotchkis-sway-bars-106650/

I can't figure out why people are crazy about these sways. Please school me on this.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Why are people so crazy over TRD yellow?
I can't figure out why people are crazy about these sways. Please school me on this.
because it's TRD.....nuff said. TRD

All about branding.

I heard good and bad about hotchkis sways. The older sways used to break but now I heard they produced a stronger batch....

·
Dr. JDM
6,678 Posts
older hotchkis didn't fit well. also, balance is more important than stiffness

·
Maverick
1,472 Posts
Reactions: Crester

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
older hotchkis didn't fit well. also, balance is more important than stiffness
I thought about the balance. The difference in the front is minimum, but the rears are +44% stiffer on soft settings compared to the TRD.

Specs aside, anyone here who had both TRD yellow and Hotchkis (latest ones) kind enough to give us your input on the two sways?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Wasn't there a tendency for Hotchiks sways to snap?

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
^^^ Yup!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.