Lexus IS Forum banner

Favorite Brand Of Gasoline

967 views 27 replies 24 participants last post by  vlad_a 
#1 ·
Is it Amoco, Exxon, Shell, Texaco, etc?

#3 ·
It really makes no difference as most gas comes from only a few refiners. So it's really all the same anyway regardless of brand. Or have they got you fooled into paying more for a brand name...

And to answer the question, whichever one is the cheapest is my fav...

#14 ·
A near-empty tank may make your car considerably lighter, however, it also can result in fuel starvation for the engine. In particular, if you're cornering or accelerating hard the gas will be sloshing around in your tank, and, if there ain't much gas there to begin with, the chances are that not much gas is going to make it to your engine.

#20 ·
Originally posted by triz:
I ususally use Sunoco, Amoco or Mobil. My car runs better with the Sunoco or Amoco. Has anyone noticed that the car seems a lot quicker when the tank is full?
Uh, it WOULD be quicker downhill...'cause it's heavier.

#24 ·
If I had to pick one it would be 92+ from Union/Unocal 76. My previous cars (Civic Si, Legend LS, Accord V6 all seemed to run/burn/fire quicker on tests between 76/Exxon/Chevron/Arco/BP-Amoco/etc. Haven't ran the same "test" on my IS yet. Would have to assume the same though.

Who cares. Anything that takes the visa-debit swipe these days that can dispense 92+. Except Arco AM/PM... too many bad experiences with seemingly watered down gas in the past.

------------------
IS300 - Graphite Gray
...Enjoy the Ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.