Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well he owns his own business and is not very big on change however his planner looks like its seein its last days and it would be nice to see him get somewhat more advanced

is there any recommendations on a good palm pilot to purchase for him???? like a good one to start out with??? i have 250 dollars to spend and dont exactly know the prices on these things

and will it take a long time for him to learn???? hes not very good with electronics.....dont want this gift causing him a heart attack learning how to use

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xjayx300 said:
I bought a Palm Pilot a few years ago, and know I do not know where the heck it is at.

However, they are not too hard to use, or learn.

whats the range in prices usually???

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
p.diddy and b2k - bump,bump,bump

im leaving soon to go look at them.....any specific one thats good to get???

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
palm v or sony cile. stay black and white if he isnt real advanced. stay with a palm os handheld instead of a win ce device. the key is what will he use. i have bought many and no matter how great the features i wont use it if its to big. thats why id say a palm v or a cile, they both fit well in a dress shirt pocket.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Are there still Palm V/Vx's available? I thought that was discontinued over a year ago.

Anyway, for simple, stick with Palm OS (Sony Clie, Handspring Visor/Treo, and Palm all run this) there are thousands of free applications available for it and it will easily sync with outloook if that's what he's using. Color is nice, and I think there are a couple of color one's available if your price range is $250.

For a grayscale one with the same features you will probably spend $150 or less. One thing to consider - how is dad's eyesight? You're dealing with a pretty small display and the green/gray is not the highest contrast scheme available. It is much easier to rear the text and icons on most color screens. The Treo 90 has a QWERTY thumb keyboard too, so he wouldn't have to lear graffiti handwriting.

-Justin

·
Registered
494 Posts
get him the palm m130....its got a color screen, internet access, all the microsoft shit, and you can get a navigation system for it, it retails at 229.99 on sale at radio shack or u can prob find it somewhere else....this thing has everything though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
03WhiteIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing