Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
This is what the unit looks like, if anyone is looking for a replacement.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
ISayIS said:
This is what the unit looks like, if anyone is looking for a replacement.

Nice that you got to it. The problem is finding some sort of replacement.

Lexus uses an 8 pin flasher relay.
Good luck. I've been looking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, JBaker.... If you replaced all of your bulbs, make sure you replaced with the same type of bulb. Same current draw. If One bulb draws less current, the overall stress on the system is less and the flasher relay will open and close faster and give you this fast blinker. And also, you do know that there are 2 lights in the front headlights right? If not, double check that..

If you are using LED bulbs, this is a common problem and you need to put an inline resistor to increase the overall stress/resistance..

Onyxaltezza... dont misinform.. If a fuse is out, that cuts the electricity in the system and nothing should be working at all . If you get electricity across an open circuit, thnen you have performed witchcraft..

If ALL your bulbs are ok, then you should check your flasher RELAY. This unit could be faulty and I have seen it go bad with flashers and foglights..

If you have JDM headlights, you will get faster blinkers as the JDM lights use ONE front turn signal and not TWO.. If this is the case, place a proper value inline resistor..
Dude you just answered my problem I've been looking for months to solve! Everyone that told me I had a blinker out I wanted to punch. I obviously know how to change one and that I posted that they all worked so why was it doing so and it came down to me just changing the flasher relay it had gone bad. No LEDS just an old flasher which is common on Toyota/Lexus. Thanks for help and not being a smart ass or dick, people really appreciate honest guys that help and not make fun of if they dont know the same amount as they do

41 - 43 of 43 Posts