Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Jbaker, you answered your question.. You have LED bulbs when i clearly stated 2 times that you MUST HAVE the right bulbs in there and you obviously dont.. go place stock bulbs in...

THEN go resolve the issue of only having one turn signal.. You can do this with a resistor..

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
irv_usc said:
haha, i didn't make myself clear. i was responding above to the misinformation post that sophiesleeps made.

if i remember correctly she left the extra turn signal bulbs somewhere in the engine compartment. most likely one of those blew out.

also don't forget my previous post about the led bulbs drawing less current.
You are correct Irv. There is a bulb in the engine bay that I think is zip tied to the frame and wrapped in lots of electrical tape. I always wanted to make sure i could put the stock headlights back in.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
IS JOE said:
Wait, you have LED bulbs? Like Irv said, LEDs doen't put the same load on the system as regular bulbs, hence the car thinks the bulb is out. You may need a resistor to simulate the load.

You can find one of those here: http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm
FYI: They also have a replacement relay designed for LEDs too. I just saw that.

Do you know exactly where the resistor is sold on this page I have looked arorund and came up with nothing.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
SilentAttack said:
Do you know exactly where the resistor is sold on this page I have looked arorund and came up with nothing.
uh scroll about half way down the page on that link. it says "LOAD RESISTOR KIT" in big text. you have to splice it to your wiring. oh and be careful where you put it because they get hot

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Update: Was able to troubleshoot the problem to the second directional light that was hidden (JDM heads only use 1 directional, compared that of 2 with OEM). Replaced the light, and I was back up and running. Thanks again everyone for your input.

Jason

·
Registered
226 Posts
dude u need sum kaleco.com Synthetic Blinker Fluid...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Am I able to use this instesd of getting two of the Load Resistor Kits?

LED bulb Flasher Unit
Electronic LED Flasher has no minimum load, 30 Watt maximum load, 12VDC operates silently (does not familiar clicking sound

·
Registered
336 Posts
does anyone know if we need a 2 prong or 3 prong flasher relay replacement, and where it is supposed to go? Is it close to the fog light relay, or in the engine bay fuse panel?

·
Registered
336 Posts
hola?

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
katis said:
have any one got Electronic LED Flasher installed?
does it work? and what type its it?, 2 or 3 pins?
thanks
You already asked this question in your other post.
People will read them anyway, there's no need to posting it in every thread you can find.

But thank you for searching threads. What a relief.

You can use a load resistor. That is your best option right now.
OR leave it as is until one of us fingers out a way to fix it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I found the Flasher, it is behind the driver side fuse panel, and it is an 8-prong unit.

I cannot find any replacements online, I assume that it is a part that would have to be ordered from the dealership. I dont think we will find another replacement without a load sensing feature.

If anyone has any resource on this flasher, please chime in.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
ISayIS said:
I found the Flasher, it is behind the driver side fuse panel, and it is an 8-prong unit.

I cannot find any replacements online, I assume that it is a part that would have to be ordered from the dealership. I dont think we will find another replacement without a load sensing feature.

If anyone has any resource on this flasher, please chime in.
It's a red 8 pin flasher on the drivers side on the backside of the kickpanel fuse box.

I'm considering trying to find a car that uses LED turns and use their flasher.

You can replace them with LED flasher units, but you'd lose some functionality.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts