Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Did a forum search--came up with nothing. I have a Farenheit T-7001MHR w/ Factory Nav Housing setup, and I'm using an Alpine NVE-N852A for navigation. My question is this:

Since the Alpine unit has it's own NAV remote, and the Farenheit screen has its own remote, is there a way to wire the Farenheit screen in such a way that it turns on automatically without the remote instead of having remotes all over the place? Is this a bad idea?

I'm guessing it can't be done easily, but if there's a way, I'm sure IS'r has done it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yep, if you have the manual for the farenheit monitor, it tells you how to choose the "Always On" option. This way, whenver it detects a power source, the monitor turns on. If I remember correctly, hit the Pic button on your remote. Then a menu come on and choose "Function." From there you will see an option something to the effect of "Power Direction." The default is "Off." Just switch this option to "On" and you're set.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it working. Thanks for the help. Now I can attach the remote holder under the armrest for a nice, clean install w/ only one remote needed.

Maybe I'll post some pics soon of some of the more difficult apsects of the install--like removing the rear seats, rear deck, etc. and drilling holes to mount the NAV CPU in the trunk, as well as wires needed like the Speed Sensor, Parking Brake, etc.

Installed the NAV unit myself, and I'm pretty much a newb. Install went great. Can't tell the difference between stock and aftermkt.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.