Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
02 sensor diagrams / 02 sim wiring instructions

Simple o2 sim Install instructions with pictures

If you need the wiring diagram of an '01 for the install insutructions above, scroll down this page.

What these diagrams show said:
They show the sensor and heater pinouts for the 02 sensors.
Why is this useful? said:
This can fix almost all your busted 02 sensor problems or allow you to run with less 02 sensor in your exhaust.
Scenario 1 said:
If you break an 02 sensor...the car will throw both a heater error as well as a signal error. You can take the busted 02 sensor wires and splice into a corresponding wire from a working 02 sensor and thus your CEL goes away. Just remember that you are running on only 1 02 sensor.
Scenario 2 said:
This also allows you to remove your sensors from the exhaust stream. You can theoritically run the whole car with 1 sensor in the exhaust provided you have an 02 sim. Do the same as in scenario 1 and you can actually unplug an 02 sensor and the car will take readings from another one that is still in the exhaust.
Warning: Be careful when you deal with the sensor 1's. These read fuel. Don't mess with these unless you know what you're doing.

here is how the 02 sensors are set up said:
Bank 1 Sensor 1 = reads fuel and the plug is located on top of the alternator. This 02 sensor should be placed higher up on the first 3 cylinders

Bank 1 Sensor 2 = reads CAT efficiency and the plug is located on top of the alternator. This sensor is located below Bank 1 Sensor 1 on the first 3 cylinders.

Bank 2 Sensor 1 = reads fuel and the plug is located near the firewall behind the throttle body. The sensor should be placed on last 3 cylinders.

Bank 2 Sensor 2 = reads CAT efficiency and the plug is located under the passenger seat. It is routed underneath the car, behind an underbody shield and up into the cabin. The sensor is located below the car and in the "race pipe" area.
Any questions, feel free to ask.

************************************************************************************

So I might as well make this thread complete and post the wiring diagrams for installing 02 sims.

***********************************************************************************

**********************************************************************************

So here's an example of how to simulate a bad heater wire from your racepipe using the diagram i made above.
*********************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
buister said:
What do you mean by "splice into a corresponding wire"? Please elaborate. Thanks.
say your b2s2 heater wire is busted for some reason. Well instead of buying another 02 sensor you cut your b2s2 heater wire. Splice into your b1s2 heater wires and now both your 02 sensors have a heater signal. No need to buy a new 02 sensor

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sidetracked3 said:
so which one of these do I use for an 03 o2 sim? I am trying to install the toyomoto header and y pipe and need the correct wiring diagram for the o2 sim.
the one for 2002+ 02 sim wiring
the server is down right now, hopefully it'll be back up soon and you can see the pic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Awesome! Works perfectly! No more P0161 CEL!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm getting code P0135. Can I do a similar quick fix as done for P0161 by tapping the B1S1 heater wire to the B2S1 heater wire?
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts