Lexus IS Forum banner

Fallout from fires

1K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Astr0LuX 
#1 ·
I hope nobody lives near where those fires were out of control in LA. I hear a bunch of houses got destroyed. I live way over 50 miles from the closest fire but I still got a blanket of ash this morning on my car as well as orange tint to the sunlight and a burning smell in the air all day.

And my car was parked in a garage..

See less See more
#2 ·
thedon said:
I hope nobody lives near where those fires were out of control in LA. I hear a bunch of houses got destroyed. I live way over 50 miles from the closest fire but I still got a blanket of ash this morning on my car as well as orange tint to the sunlight and a burning smell in the air all day.
I hear ya. It's one thing to hear about fires in Arizona or the hills around Los Angeles, but to actually see the real effects (ash falling from the sky, dirty yellow skies, and names of endangered communities that you actually recognize) is an entirely different matter. I hope no member, for that matter no person is in the path of the fires.

But on a purely personal note, I ain't washing my car until it's contained. And you don't know how painful that is having a dark blue car covered in light gray specs. :cry:

#3 ·
it's scary to see how fast the 4 fires are spreading. i think they've evacuated over 50,000 ppl so far. the smell of fire & smoke in the air, coupled with the red sun isn't much of a comfort either... :eek: i can't even imagine how bad the sky & air is closer to the fires...it's just trippy to see the normally clear sky so hazy and reddish-orange...i hope ppl are okay, and they get the fires contained soon...

on a much more shallow note, as for washing my car, i'm waiting too....i've got ash inside my car as well [from getting in and out of the car]. i haven't seen much ash come in through the vents though. does our car have a filter or something?

#6 ·
wow don your car can pass as my car right now even though we have opposite colors. I live in thousand oaks and the ash is everywhere. I have a feeling it's going to ruin the escain interior but I don't want to touch it yet. My problems pail in comparison to people who are actually losing their homes. My prayers are with all you IS300 owners who are being compromised by this fire.

#12 ·
Once this all settles down you all will want to have a look at your engine and cabin air filters. Probably need to replace them. We've had chunks of ash as big as pieces of notebook paper falling in Ventura. Most of that was on Sunday. Make me sad to think that a lot of this ash was people's houses at one time :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.