Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Hanabi wheels for the IS300 and I'm loving the look. I have a AR IS and i was i thinking of going with the bronze Hanabi's. Does anybody have those wheels? Just want to know what do you guys think of them.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
my friend had them on his jetta. I liked the way they looked...mainly cuz he had the bronze ones. But apparently he hated them. He told me he should have just shelled out the extra money to buy some real brand name wheels instead of cheaping out.

I didn't think they were bad looking.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i saw them and i really like the style. ive only seen them on 240sx but never on a IS. my friend doesnt really like them because they are almost like the gs-r rims. can someone photo shop it?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
They are very light weight, if you like them, there not a bad choice.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I was thinking of getting those too, I still might. If you get them post so I can see how they look on an AR.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
my friend has those wheels on his blk 240.. they dont look bad at all.. idk what they would look like on an is though.. if u want i can post pics up of his car?btw wat is an ar is? still new to is300 lol..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah that be great if you can post the pictures of the 240. AR stands for absolute red. yeah im thinking about those, they are cheap and light.

·
Registered
167 Posts
yuck I've never been into them.

Only reason I can see they ever sold any is because they sold decent sizes and offsets in 4 lug for the cheap S13 owners.

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
I think they'd look nice on a black or white IS for sure...they aren't as "cheap" as some might think. Falken is a pretty reputable company when it comes to performance. i think it's a nice, "affordable" wheel plus it's light weight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
edgeracing is selling them in silver and bronze. i don't like the pattern, BUT they're light and cheap! i know, i shouldn't complain about price if i buy an is300, but thats precisely why i can't afford something more expensive =P

in silver:

in bronze:

i'm not too keen on them, and the bronze look just tacky enough for me to prefer the silver.
should i just give up and keep the stock 22lbs wheels, or get these 17lbs wheels bundled with my new tires?

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
^^ I like them better in bronze on the black, IMO.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
eh.... wouldnt do it. my .02

Reactions: Denis

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
<- Not feelin' it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know this is an old post but I just picked up a set of these wheels and about to have them rejuvenated and put them on my red IS300

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
edgeracing is selling them in silver and bronze. i don't like the pattern, BUT they're light and cheap! i know, i shouldn't complain about price if i buy an is300, but thats precisely why i can't afford something more expensive =P

in silver:

in bronze:

i'm not too keen on them, and the bronze look just tacky enough for me to prefer the silver.
should i just give up and keep the stock 22lbs wheels, or get these 17lbs wheels bundled with my new tires?
Keep the stockies!! :suspiciou If you arent raceing it, or going boost then theres no need for lighter wheels. Its not going to make that big a difference in your MPG. Id wait and save up for a decent set of wheels. Your car will thank you lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts