Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i've done a little research and personal experience that our stock systems will not read CD-R's. The weird thing is, every once and awhile i try putting a burn cd in, and it works. All the other times..i just get heart broken and read ERROR 1. Now, i read on another form that its possible to burn your cd a different way so that our factory cd player can read CD-R's. Does anyone know what im talking about? Any help with be useful. I would hate to go aftermarket since i like the look of the factory set up , but i will go aftermarket if i need too. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Maverick
1,511 Posts
I have an 03 IS...i haven't had any problem burning music to a CD-R (not in MP3 format, of course, but in regular CD format).

I just used Nero and made a Music CD. I used TDK CR -R discs.

M

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an 03 IS...i haven't had any problem burning music to a CD-R (not in MP3 format, of course, but in regular CD format).

I just used Nero and made a Music CD. I used TDK CR -R discs.

M
well i have a 01, and i herd that 01's system just has this problem but i guess if you lower the burn speed it could work for the 01's? Can anyone back this up? I actually use TDK's too.

And yes, i know its regular format, and not DATA/MP3 format.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hmm all 6 of my CD's in my 2002 are all burnt CD-R's... Every once and a great great while I will get the Error but turning it off and on will make it work...

I have no idea what format I usually burn in, just make an iTunes playlist and burn it haha.

·
Registered
526 Posts
i have almost all burned cd's and for the most part they always work. i think i have only had the error code once or twice and the cd played after i went to the radio and back to the cd.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is weird..how come my cd player don't play burn cd's :( . I would hate to go aftermarket. I just burnt a brand new cd as now. I'll see how it works in the morning.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Also, if you're using cd+r's instead of -r that may be a problem. I havent tried them though. Just make sure you dont use those stick on labels or you'll jam the HU up.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Also, if you're using cd+r's instead of -r that may be a problem. I havent tried them though. Just make sure you dont use those stick on labels or you'll jam the HU up.
There is no such as thing as CD+R..... you must be thinking about DVD+R vs DVD-R.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i don't think i ever herd of CD+R's either..But i finally got the thing to work. At first once i start my car, it will read the cd but skips every second so i just switch over to FM real quick, then switch back to CD and it plays fine. I just hope i don't see that ERROR 1 anymore. Thanks for the info and help guys! :p

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Oops, brainfart on my part I guess. Apologies.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've had this problem but only with certain brand CD-R discs. I tried a different brand disc, and burned at a slower speed and it works with no problems. The stock stereo is very picky with what CD's it will read.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts