Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
hchan said:
I've been trying to find factory head bolts. The best price I could find them for is $18.86/bolt. You guys know of a better price or someone who actually has them in stock? Thanks!
Instead of Head Bolts, switch over to ARP head studs, it is cheaper and far better than the factory bolts. The ARP studs are the same ones used for the MKIV supras. You can get it for about $150-$175. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
what is their site?

David

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swift Racing Technologies said:
hchan said:
I've been trying to find factory head bolts. The best price I could find them for is $18.86/bolt. You guys know of a better price or someone who actually has them in stock? Thanks!
Instead of Head Bolts, switch over to ARP head studs, it is cheaper and far better than the factory bolts. The ARP studs are the same ones used for the MKIV supras. You can get it for about $150-$175. Good Luck.
Correct me if I'm wrong... but I was told the engine has to be dropped if I wanna use arp head studs. What are you guys paying for factory bolts?

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
As GTE mentioned before, it is near impossible to put a head on the block while the engine's still in the car when you have a stud kit.

The studs stick up so far, that you can't push the head all the way back then slide it over the studs, the firewall and wire harness get in the way.

If you have the engine removed, go for it!!

Kane

·
Mr. Negative
12,010 Posts
hchan said:
I think I ended up paying 240 or so for mine. it sucked, but in the end it's a drop in the bucket.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Kanine21 said:
As GTE mentioned before, it is near impossible to put a head on the block while the engine's still in the car when you have a stud kit.

The studs stick up so far, that you can't push the head all the way back then slide it over the studs, the firewall and wire harness get in the way.

Kane
Umm, incorrect, the new ARP studs come with a allen key socket on top of each stud, so you put the head on the car, then put the studs in place (hand tighten using an allen key), then put the washer and nut, torque to specs. You are done, not only do you spend less money, you also get a much better method of clamping the head to the block (remember you can use the same stud kit over and over again).

·
Mr. Negative
12,010 Posts
Now you tell me.. shit........ studs are much better, that's for sure. I just assumed it was a hassle to put them in is why I went with stock bolts.

oh well at least everyone else will benefit.

Umm, incorrect, the new ARP studs come with a allen key socket on top of each stud, so you put the head on the car, then put the studs in place (hand tighten using an allen key), then put the washer and nut, torque to specs. You are done, not only do you spend less money, you also get a much better method of clamping the head to the block (remember you can use the same stud kit over and over again).

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah... fuck me... I just bought a set of factory head bolts.

Kanine21 said:

Kane

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
hchan said:
Ah... f*ck me... I just bought a set of factory head bolts.

Kanine21 said:

Kane
return'em and get your money back

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tha Reaper said:
hchan said:
Ah... f*ck me... I just bought a set of factory head bolts.

Kanine21 said:

Kane
return'em and get your money back

Returned. 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.