Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
8,880 Posts
Get new rear speakers, make right connections to the aftermarket deck, enjoy the improved sound. Stock amp is not that great to go through the trouble of keeping it.

·
Registered
13,409 Posts
i remember something being weird with the stock amp. I couldn't run an a/m headunit without blowing the speakers or something, so i went aftermarket on the whole system and kept the stock headunit.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
mndfreeze said:
There is a dash kit to use an aftermarket deck with the stock amp.
A dash kit that integrates the stock amp? That must be really interesting looking.

·
8,880 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I made an obvious mistake without realizing it.

Its a wiring harness.

Have you personally tried it to be sure it doesnt? I've seen some people say it does, and some people say it doesnt work on the IS.

·
8,880 Posts
mndfreeze said:
I made an obvious mistake without realizing it.

Its a wiring harness.

Have you personally tried it to be sure it doesnt? I've seen some people say it does, and some people say it doesnt work on the IS.
I have not personally tried it, however, based on reports in this forum, it does not.
IS300's amp is digitally controlled by the headunit. If it is removed, something has to take over the control and I do not believe this unit has this functionality.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Thats to integrate the JBL Toyota systems. Very doubtful it would work with the IS.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Split2nd said:
Thats to integrate the JBL Toyota systems. Very doubtful it would work with the IS.
Its been proven time and time again in many different threads that it does not work.

The mods here are very nice :)

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
fyeung04msm said:
Hey vlad a is there a aux hookup in back of the stock headunit.

NOPE, nothing of the sorts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.