Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
new bumper came in today! i testfitted it before i drop off the car tomorrow to phil (ads mobile) for paint and install... anyways fitment is kind of effed up! the holes on the side of the bumper don't line up with the hole on the fenders, might have to fill the hole on the bumper and redrill the hole... i'll leave that one to phil... and the grill is a bitch to put on! you can barely fit the grill on there! and the screws for the fogs are too short so i have to get longer screws or something to secure them! and for some reason the bumper won't fit with the styrofoam thing on the crash bar, would it be ok to leave that off? anyways here's some pics! also my rmm lip is up for sale in the for sale forum if anybody's interested...

thanks

before (rmm lip):

coming soon (l-sportline):

and for those of you wondering how low each one is here are some pics...

rmm:

l-sportline:

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
typical F'd up lsportline fitment. you can always have your shop make it fit, though who knows how much that costs.

·
Registered
630 Posts
the shop who did mine got an ok fitment off the front. They just played with it and added some extra washers i believe

We had to take the styrofoam piece off.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
neurosyn said:
the shop who did mine got an ok fitment off the front. They just played with it and added some extra washers i believe

We had to take the styrofoam piece off.
thanks for the pic bro! yeah i can't even pur the screw on the fender cause the holes are just way too off! but i'm sure the shop will be able to do something about it! how did your grille fit?

·
Registered
630 Posts
looks good appearance wise, but the two outter holes were drilled a little and yes it's an ultra tight fit. If i have time i can get pictures to show you.

Although, the foglights fit fine w/o the need of longer screws.

·
Registered
619 Posts
dwards, when and where did you get your lsportline bumper? I heard the new batch of lsportline front bumper has a better fitment than the old ones. Is this true or just rumors? Let me know cause' I like lsportline.

And also, I thought there was suppose to be a wire meshes in the bottom grille and the fog lights. Your bumper doesnt look like it has wire meshes.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ray127 said:
dwards, when and where did you get your lsportline bumper? I heard the new batch of lsportline front bumper has a better fitment than the old ones. Is this true or just rumors? Let me know cause' I like lsportline.

And also, I thought there was suppose to be a wire meshes in the bottom grille and the fog lights. Your bumper doesnt look like it has wire meshes.
i got my bumper from carson toyota! i think these are the new ones because it's not as bad as what i've heard... the problems i'm having are minor anyway, the shop should be able to fix it no problem... as for the wire mesh i have them just didn't put 'em on, i'll leave that to the body shop...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Looking good Edward. Your old RMM kit is not bad either. Just want a different look?? Good choice in body kit. But the L-Sportline fitment sucks big time. And the rear is even worst. I know another member who spend 1 week himself trying to make it fit perfect. And it is perfect. Hopefully International Auto Body will take care of you.

Here is my old L-Sportline....how I miss it!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
YisSerL said:
Looking good Edward. Your old RMM kit is not bad either. Just want a different look?? Good choice in body kit. But the L-Sportline fitment sucks big time. And the rear is even worst. I know another member who spend 1 week himself trying to make it fit perfect. And it is perfect. Hopefully International Auto Body will take care of you.

Here is my old L-Sportline....how I miss it!

car looks good bro! u know what would make my car look even better? ur grille! hahaha... yeah phil should be able to handle this... doesn't look too bad! i'll post pics once it gets painted! i'm supposed to get it back on saturday!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Looks good! how is the fitment? Front looks a little off.

·
Registered
999 Posts
OKCIS said:
Im guessing your car isnt lowered either i couldnt fit a coke can under my RMM lip if i smashed it in half.............
Are you serious?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
^^ ya i know, i am lowered on stechs and a coke can can fit under my rmm no problem. Are you slammed on coilovers or something?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts