Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming back from my lunch break and I work at a car dealership.
I notice that their was a cop sitting in our driveway so I rolled down my limo tint front windows before I turned in to our lot, I was also about to be late from break. So I drive pass him and was about to open the gate to employee parking when the motorcycle cop flips a bitch and pulls me over. He is on our private property and pulls me over on our property. Isn't that illegal so I pulled into a space and told him how are you going to pull me over when I'm driving on my works lot. He gave me a ticket for tint, and no front plate. Then I asked him why was he on our lot anyways. He said he was hiding to give people driving on the street tickets. This is bull. I called my friend to clock me in. Then he comes back and says whos car is this, and I said mine. Then he comes back and asked if he did his math right. I was like why. He said well it says you are 21. I was like yah. He said and this is yooooooour car. Then he asked what I did bla bla.Then he said well you must be pretty well off. What does he think this car is 65 thousand. Then he told me he should adopt me then try to tell jokes. what a dick. And I guess he hides on our lot alot so I have to be extra careful not to get caught by him again. He also told me both tickets are ten dollars and fix it tickets all I have to do is have it signed off, Well last time I got a tint ticket it said to go to court to show that you took it off or pay a 70 fee which I did. however since he made a mistake? I can have my cop friend sign it off. I told him my car did not come with plates look there is not hole and he did not care. This is my second bs ticket with this car. Usually cops don't care about tint if you have a really nice car. My other Bs ticket I got in LA ( I'm from SD) was failure to yield after full stop. Does that make sense. That was in front of my work in LA to! but before the tint, The car was a week old. HE said I should of let the big rig go first. He wasn't even in the intersection yet. I think when he pulled me over the big rig was still crossing the intersection.Isn't that my own judgement. He asked why would I drive such a nice car in front of a big truck. Well If I had a chance to get hit by the truck I would of not gone. By the way this was on the way back to lunch which I was allready late for. Any one have other f-up stories

·
Registered
727 Posts
i think it is illegal for a cop to sit on private property unless they have permission of the owner of the property. thats how it was in PA at least, it ma vary in different states.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I wish I had a quarter for every post like this:

If you don't have a front license plate and an illegal tint, suck it up and pay your tickets like a friggin man.

Honestly. You people should spend as much time trying to act WITHIN the law as you do trying to get around it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Reminds me of when I was coming out of a 7-11 a few days ago and see a cop prowling the lot, shining his spotlight into parked cars. I knew he was up to somethin but I wasn't sure, so I get in the car, start it up and he pulls up right behind me and puts his lights on. Turns out the mofo was following me for about 3 blocks and was waiting for me. Got 3 tickets no front plate, tinted windows, liscense plate cover :x . Do you have to be in the car with it started for them to stop you? Can they do anything if the engine is off or if your out of the car?? just curious.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Cops can give fix-it tickets anytime they'd like...though I believe in private property they have to give permission first..unless they follow the person into it after they notice the infraction.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Do you have the cliff notes for this?

britwannabe said:
I was coming back from my lunch break and I work at a car dealership.
I notice that their was a cop sitting in our driveway so I rolled down my limo tint front windows before I turned in to our lot, I was also about to be late from break. So I drive pass him and was about to open the gate to employee parking when the motorcycle cop flips a bitch and pulls me over. He is on our private property and pulls me over on our property. Isn't that illegal so I pulled into a space and told him how are you going to pull me over when I'm driving on my works lot. He gave me a ticket for tint, and no front plate. Then I asked him why was he on our lot anyways. He said he was hiding to give people driving on the street tickets. This is bull. I called my friend to clock me in. Then he comes back and says whos car is this, and I said mine. Then he comes back and asked if he did his math right. I was like why. He said well it says you are 21. I was like yah. He said and this is yooooooour car. Then he asked what I did bla bla.Then he said well you must be pretty well off. What does he think this car is 65 thousand. Then he told me he should adopt me then try to tell jokes. what a dick. And I guess he hides on our lot alot so I have to be extra careful not to get caught by him again. He also told me both tickets are ten dollars and fix it tickets all I have to do is have it signed off, Well last time I got a tint ticket it said to go to court to show that you took it off or pay a 70 fee which I did. however since he made a mistake? I can have my cop friend sign it off. I told him my car did not come with plates look there is not hole and he did not care. This is my second bs ticket with this car. Usually cops don't care about tint if you have a really nice car. My other Bs ticket I got in LA ( I'm from SD) was failure to yield after full stop. Does that make sense. That was in front of my work in LA to! but before the tint, The car was a week old. HE said I should of let the big rig go first. He wasn't even in the intersection yet. I think when he pulled me over the big rig was still crossing the intersection.Isn't that my own judgement. He asked why would I drive such a nice car in front of a big truck. Well If I had a chance to get hit by the truck I would of not gone. By the way this was on the way back to lunch which I was allready late for. Any one have other f-up stories

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
ITALIAN LEX said:
god I'm glad florida doesn't have front plate laws! don't have to worry about that shit!
The funny thing is, Texas has a law requiring front license plates but its still not a worry because most people are law abiding.

:)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
ITALIAN LEX said:
god I'm glad florida doesn't have front plate laws! don't have to worry about that shit!
TX too. i havent had a front plate my last 3 cars. i've also never heard of anyone here getting a tint ticket either.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
hatchback said:
ITALIAN LEX said:
TX too. i havent had a front plate my last 3 cars. i've also never heard of anyone here getting a tint ticket either.
I got a tint ticket here, it was my first ticket ever! sad thing was it was in my MOM's durango, she had limo tint all around and the cop was harassing me about it and I was like ..."ummmm, this isn't my car, it's my mom's", he couldn't stop laughing and gave me an 8 dollar fix it ticket.

I was happy!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yes, cops can follow you onto private property to give you a ticket. If you are already on private property and the cop finds you then (at a mall or at 7-11) the private property has to state with a sign or by permission of the owner that the vehicle code can/will be inforced. How many of you have entered a mall and have seen a sign that said something like, "all vehicle codes will be inforced blah blah blah,"?

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
A. Was your tint illegal?
B. Did you have a front tag on?

Personally I don't like either of these laws, but that doesn't change the fact that they are illegal. When you put the tint on and left the tag off, you had to know the risk you were taking. The mechanics of how you got caught probably don't matter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
14 Participants
jonr1
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing