Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I think it looks pretty nice, too, but the contrasting CF is a little different, as stated above. Still looks pretty cool though.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Looks nice, I'm just a fan of the stock ISF knob myself!

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Do they all come with "blue stitches"?

Will this fit 1st gen IS?
It will fit the automatic on the first gen. IS.

I had a few 2nd gen IS shift knobs I sold awhile back.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The F-sport knob seems to sit lower than a stock knob. Is it made to sit that low?
No. The knob has no stop built into it, and you can, if you screw (twist) it enough, pop the top off. This knob is physically a bit taller than the stock knob, so if mounted in the same spot on the shaft it would have stood taller. I like a low knob, and screwed it down as far as it would go, and still remain functional, without popping off the top. There's some kind of thread locker internal to the knob, so that it will remain tight at just about any level it's screwed to.

Lou

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
No. The knob has no stop built into it, and you can, if you screw (twist) it enough, pop the top off. This knob is physically a bit taller than the stock knob, so if mounted in the same spot on the shaft it would have stood taller. I like a low knob, and screwed it down as far as it would go, and still remain functional, without popping off the top. There's some kind of thread locker internal to the knob, so that it will remain tight at just about any level it's screwed to.

Lou
So our stock shift knob will also get as low? Does it have a stop built into it?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^^^I did not try to screw the stock knob all the way down, like I did with the F-Sport. I do know that the stock knob, when in it's stock position could be further screwed to the right. The stock shaft is also threaded all the way to the top. So my conjecture is that there is no stop, but again only conjecture. Why don't you try it on your own knob, you'll be able to tell when you reach the bottom of the top of the knob.

Lou

1 - 19 of 19 Posts