Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the F-sport parts are going to be available in Canada?

I asked my dealer about them and he looked at me as though I was crazy...and the parts manager just pointed at the IS-F.....

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
my dealership parts guy said it'll be available in the summer... pretty vague though... and no idea pricing in CND for these items...

as well, how it affects warranty, especially if I get a F Sport clutch and short shifter.

Knowing steal-ersihps, if we still get warranty for these parts, if I buy the parts from them, and be forced to pay buckets of $ to have it installed by the dealership as well... :p

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
we had an F-Sport IS250 at Shannonville.

Parts will be coming to canada.

Still under development.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Nice.

FYI from Detroit Auto show to help visualize the discussion

Digger08

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was actually talking to my parts manager yesterday about them. The Lexus Rep told him they will be available Mid May. Very interested in the springs/shocks/sways :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Since there are a lot of AWD owners, just thought I'd give a heads up to those interested...

The Bilstein shocks DO NOT fit, the front sways DO NOT fit as well. This was confirmed by a rep at LexusParts.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey slim.AP1,

Did you get it from sewellpartsonline.com(formerly known as Lexus-parts.com)?

Thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
we had an F-Sport IS250 at Shannonville.

Parts will be coming to canada.

Still under development.
lexuscutive,

When you say "Still under development", do you refer to the marketing portion of the plan?

Is it safe to assume that the F-Sport parts will be identical to what is offered in the States?

Besides, do you know what sort of warranty will be given by the local dealership if we get the F-Sport parts from the States and let the local dealership install them?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
lexuscutive,

When you say "Still under development", do you refer to the marketing portion of the plan?

Is it safe to assume that the F-Sport parts will be identical to what is offered in the States?

Besides, do you know what sort of warranty will be given by the local dealership if we get the F-Sport parts from the States and let the local dealership install them?

Thanks
yes. marketing portion and track testing portion are still under development in Canada.

Fsport parts will be identical to TMS (US) offerings.

Canada may not offer the entire lineup.

Dealerships should honor warranty regardless of purchase point, however, all dealerships are privately owned and thus have there "own ways" of doing things sometimes.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I've heard of a number of dealers saying they'd only install/service parts that were bought thru their dealership.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Anyone think the short shifter is worth the money?

its a piece of alluminum and a rubber boot...
goes for 235 or something down at Sewell...

and over at CL, guys who installed it says its a bitch to install too... I'm sure I can't handle it... so I wouldn't know how much more I'd pay to have it installed too...

is it still worth it? what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
tyks... you gotta remember you are going to be paying more for an "official" Lexus product.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've heard of a number of dealers saying they'd only install/service parts that were bought thru their dealership.
Crester,

Were Lexus of RH and DVNL included in the list that you heard?

That would be too bad...

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I heard that from Scarb for sure... and possibly DVNL.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Already install F-Sport intake into my IS250awd~
sounds Great! MUSt get!~!

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Anyone think the short shifter is worth the money?

its a piece of alluminum and a rubber boot...
goes for 235 or something down at Sewell...

and over at CL, guys who installed it says its a bitch to install too... I'm sure I can't handle it... so I wouldn't know how much more I'd pay to have it installed too...

is it still worth it? what do you guys think?
We put it on the demo Fsport car. HOnestly. Best mod in the FSport lineup. Makes the shift throw SO much shorter.

I'd be tempted to say the IS250MT can now shift quickly enough to do a decent 1/4mile time! (siren, did you read that!!!!! get this short shifter!)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
lexecutive is that big of a change?If it make my throw shorter I'm down. When will it be made available to us canucks?before May 30 I hope.DRAG NIGHT:)

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I'm not sure when it'll be available. But ya. It makes a Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference. Like. so much fun to the point where you just want to sit in the car and flick the lever around because its just SO short (compared to stock)!

I highly highly recommend it for 250. I'd say out of all the parts (and the parts are really pretty pieces) the shifter is the one that makes the biggest on-track gain. The wheels are truly remarkable. They're helluva lot lighter then IS-F wheels and the rear 19" has a reeeeeeeally deeeeeeeep dish, but in a very "motorsport" way. Car just looks real nice. I have to give it some respect because I though the "Fsport" line was going to be a dud. But the pieces actually are quite good. The exhaust is nice when coupled w/ the intake. You can't tell the difference between an IS-F and a 250 w/ Fsport intake&exhaust when they're going down the straight. They sound the same. Which is really nice.

Dampers are......... sorry crester....... not as impressive as I thought they could be. Still good. But not great. They are bilstein. No dis to bilstein. but the Fsport dampers aren't as remarkable as the short shifter or intake/exhaust combo.

but ya. short shifter FTW!!!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
cool thanks for the info.I just installed JOeZ intake coupled with Blitz drop in filter and my custom exhaust and wow what a sound difference,I think it may rev a little faster once the vvti kicks in. But it sounds mean now.The short shifter is pretty much all I want from the F-Line.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts