Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd change this up a bit with regards to the shift knob and decided to try out the F-sport shift knob. There weren't that many "real" photos of it installed as all I could find were the promo shots so I thought i'd put in my 2cents here for those that were contemplating this "mod".

I'm coming from a Razo RA21 shift knob which is slightly heavier than your stock one but after the stock one scratched up, the RA21 was a subtle transition since it was pretty much the same form factor minus the neck and better quality.

So onto the F-sport shift knob...

Quality: Top notch. Came in a ghetto looking box but says its made in Taiwan. Came with some instructions too...though none is really needed. Leather is of nice texture, the carbon fiber portion is really nicely done and there's clearcoat on top to protect the F-sport name on top. The blue stitching complements the whole thing as well and works well with our IS300 despite the lack of blue stitching anywhere else (I guess it helps I have the blue LEDs installed). The base has black pearl paint as well which is nice.

Feel: It's definitely weighted although I don't know by how much. I would say its a bit heavier than my Razo so it does feel pretty good to change gears. I had to get used to how I hold the shift knob because with the spherical one I used to palm the shifter to change gears. Here, you'll notice that the back side has slots for your fingers so the grip is more like holding a fist than palming something round. Something I gotta get used to but for the few days I've driven with it, its feeling pretty good.

Fitting: It's literally screw on and off here so that's no big deal. Initially I had taped up the neck a bit underneath the leather to prevent the leather from sagging with my Razo but this one won't require that so I removed all of that and the shift knob will push the leather as far as it can on the shaft (lol funny). Some of you will probably think it's a bit too large for our IS because the base of the knob doesn't match our skinny leather top so there's a mis-match there but I can live with it (see pictures).

So overall:
Great shift knob...great quality...great feel...just may look a bit awkward from sideways but no biggie.

Where did I buy it?
Ebay: Don't get it from the dealer at $95+. Search ebay and there should be some at 68+ or whatever. Just search "F Sport" or "F-sport". You'll find find something. The sellers on ebay are all (I believe) Lexus dealerships so you can't go wrong since that's where mine came from.

Enjoy!

Pictures:

Reactions: Tigger

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! You can take that lil plastic piece inside the top of the leather boot and turn it upside down so it mates up to the knob better
oh good idea! Is that thing glued to the leather or how's it worked? Last time I tried to play with it, it seemed to be stuck on pretty good.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you get a chance...can you take a quick pic of what it looks like now?

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Nice. I've always wondered how it would be on an IS300. Now I know!

BTW, shouldn't this thread be in IS300 > Inside & Out instead of 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Inside & Out???

(...placed a request to be moved.)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whoops sorry you're totally right..i didn't realize until now. My mistake!

·
Premium Member
16,536 Posts
BTW, shouldn't this thread be in IS300 > Inside & Out instead of 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Inside & Out???

(...placed a request to be moved.)
whoops sorry you're totally right..i didn't realize until now. My mistake!
No prob. Moved it for you.

·
Registered
244 Posts
looks like a M3 BMW shiftknob from the top.. except with woodgrain on it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sorry to revive a dead thread but I read through this, then found another f-sport knob that looks different than what you've put on. Anyone have any experience with this one:

LEXUS F-SPORT SHIFT KNOB FOR ATM IS300/250/350: eBay Motors (item 250509826068 end time Jul-03-10 11:15:45 PDT)

It was $10 more than the one the OP pictured but in the description it specifically mentions the IS300 as a compatible car. I like the stitching/shape of this one over the other one pictured in this thread. This one is much slimmer!

EDIT: I think the one I'm looking at is for the Auto version, which is why it's different. Anyone have this one on their auto?

·
Premium Member
16,536 Posts
Page 16 of the digital version of the F-Sport Accessory Catalog shows both the manual and automatic transmission F-Sport shift knobs. Here's a link to the entire catalog PDF:

F-Sport

·
Blue Devil
3,658 Posts
i LOVE this knob. i've been keeping an eye on it on ebay for a while now. but now that i'm doing a 6-speed swap next week, this would be very appropriate since it has a slot opening underneath for the reverse lever to fit underneath.

i really do wonder how much this EXACTLY weighs. in grams i guess. cuz the stock supra shifter is also pretty awesome, and its VERY heavy, which i love. but mine came with the leather ripped. so i either buy a replacement stock supra one, or i get this one.
hmm... guess i'll go to the dealer when i get a chance and compare my stock one to the f-sport one in person, side by side.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.